Unable to flag a rating

I have strong suspicions that a colleague with which I am in conflict with is posting negative comments about me and positive ones about herself (astroturfing). The latest comment about me does not have a flag next to it nor the chance to respond. Why is that? It doesnt seem fair.

I think the absence of a flag

I think the absence of a flag and the opportunity to respond may be due to the rating being under review.

I hope that is what it means.

I hope that is what it means. Its quite sad to think that someone would use such a medium to pose as a patient out of malice.

Cosmo wrote: I hope that is

Cosmo wrote:

I hope that is what it means. Its quite sad to think that someone would use such a medium to pose as a patient out of malice.

It happens.

A few years ago, RateMDsJohn mentioned that an analysis had been performed on the ratings database, and some 45,000 ratings had been discovered and removed as having been submitted using rated physicians' colleagues' medical office computers. These ratings, if I recall correctly, were both positive and negative.

The worst part is that the

The worst part is that the physician in question is already under investigation for professionnal misconduct. I guess they are letting their true colors shine through. I sure would like to be able to trace the IP address on these which would prouve the point but that seems to be very complicated as I practice in Canada and it seems to be a hastle to get a doe subpena for California

Cosmo wrote: The worst part

Cosmo wrote:

The worst part is that the physician in question is already under investigation for professionnal misconduct. I guess they are letting their true colors shine through. I sure would like to be able to trace the IP address on these which would prouve the point but that seems to be very complicated as I practice in Canada and it seems to be a hastle to get a doe subpena for California

Yeah, I expect that your legal counsel would have to go through a corresponding law firm in California.

Give it a few days. Reviews of ratings are usually completed in a relatively timely fashion.

The negative comments just

The negative comments just keep pouring in. Even on Christmas eve. Funny that they would start as soon as I did not recommend this associate colleague for active membership on staff. My ratings have always been very positive before all of this unusual excess activity. This site is supposed to be used for actual patients to voice their opinions regarding their medical care but it is showing its flaws by allowing a disgruntled colleague to attempt to ruin ones reputation by posing as a patient. I think I will have no choice but to legally obtain the IP addresses of all of these negative comments and then denounce this doctor to the hospital administration, the Royal college and possibly take them to court for defamation. In the meantime, is there any way to have my name removed from this site before too much damage is done? I have already attempted to contact rate mds via email but it has been several days and still they have not replied.

Fed up!

Cosmo wrote: In the meantime,

Cosmo wrote:

In the meantime, is there any way to have my name removed from this site before too much damage is done?

Avail yourself of the rating response function, even if only to post a repetitive message. Keep it short, though, if you are pursuing a legal resolution and possibly damages.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.