Medical Justice planting glowing reviews on RateMDs.com

Medical (In)Justice has become notorious for their promotion of patient gag contracts, but we have found even more to not like about this company. Over the past few weeks, we've found evidence that Medical Justice has been planting glowing reviews on RateMDs.com. There is indication that they are submitting ratings to other doctor rating websites too.
5/26/11 Update - According to an anonymous source, Medical Justice calls this their "Review Builder Program".
11/30/11 Update - CDT Files FTC Complaint Against Medical Justice

We have found six IP addresses, all registered to Medical Justice, that have submitted 86 ratings for 38 different doctors in 14 different states. Every one of these submitted reviews is positively glowing, with a rating of 5 out of 5 in every category. Most of the associated comments are written in the first person, for example, "I am pleased with the care I have received from Dr. Fishman" or "Dr Rajagopal made me feel comfortable throughout the entire process of my surgery". The ratings were submitted between 11/5/2010 and 3/29/2011, when we finally noticed what they were doing and blocked their IP addresses.

Here are the six Medical Justice IP addresses that submitted ratings:

IP AddressDomain# Ratings Submitted
208.109.235.211client.medicaljustice.net18
208.109.235.23payments.medicaljustice.net14
208.109.235.36admin.medicaljustice.net14
208.109.235.51docs.medicaljustice.net13
208.109.235.59cal.medicaljustice.net12
208.109.242.34intranet.medicaljustice.net15

You can verify using Godaddy.com or just by clicking here: http://www.medicaljustice.net that medicaljustice.net and medicaljustice.com are the same company. I will include information in a follow-up post on how you can see for yourself the relationship between Medical Justice and these IP addresses.

See all the Medical Justice submitted ratings here.

Some Uncomfortable Questions for Medical Justice (MJ):

  1. (a)Why did 6 Medical Justice IP addresses submit 86 glowing doctor ratings to RateMDs.com? (b)Are the doctors being rated also MJ clients? (c)Is this a service MJ offers its clients? (d)Is MJ an astroturfer for hire?
  2. (a)Are these ratings fabricated? (b)Have Medical Justice employees actually been patients of these 38 doctors in 14 different states? (c)If not, why are these ratings written in the first person and why are the ratings not identified as having been submitted by MJ?
  3. (a)Is it legal to post a rating that says you are the patient, when you are not? (b)Is it ethical?
  4. (a)Why was a rating with the same comment, with the same two misspellings, posted on 5 other rating websites (citysearch.com, insiderpages.com, vitals.com, doctorscorecard.com, yelp.com)? (b)Why are the account names of the submitters different on two of these sites ("Skyler L." and "Devin C.")? (c)Why was this same comment posted to RateMDs.com by a MJ IP address (208.109.235.23)?

I think Medical Justice has some 'splaining to do! And if I were one of their doctor clients, I'd be wondering now what my potential liability might be. This $300,000 settlement between the NY Attorney General and Lifestyle Lift may give some guidance.

John Swapceinski
Co-founder
RateMDs.com

As of this posting date, you

As of this posting date, you can verify the relationship between the above six IP addresses and Medical Justice in two ways:

  1. Take one of the domains and run "nslookup" on it on a computer command line, e.g.:
    nslookup client.medicaljustice.net
    You will see some output that contains the following lines at the end:
    Name: client.medicaljustice.net
    Address: 208.109.235.211
    As you can see, the domain client.medicaljustice.net maps to the IP 208.109.235.211.
    Here is a screenshot of what is described.
  2. The other way of verifying the relationship between the IP and Medical Justice is to pull up the IP address in Firefox (IE doesn't work) using https, like so:
    https://208.109.235.211
    You will see an error message. Click the "Technical Details" link and you will see the Medical Justice domain(s) to which this IP address maps. For IP 208.109.235.211, you will see client.medicaljustice.net.
    Here is a screenshot of what is described.

The two above methods are both working at the time of this writing (5/24/11). Medical Justice has the ability to make these two methods stop working, and once they know of this blog post, I suspect they will do so, in an attempt to close the barn door after the horses have stampeded out.

and boom goes the dynamite.

and boom goes the dynamite. Smiling

John, this is awesome. THIS is why RateMDs is far superior than Vitals or Citysearch or even Yelp. We're not the biggest or prettiest or even the most popular (yet), but our data's integrity is far beyond anything that the other rating sites have to offer. They may give a damn but they don't know what they're doing. Not like you do.

Very impressive! I wonder

Very impressive!

I wonder if the false ratings were random or directed at specific doctors who are members of Medical Justice, friends,....

If I were a doctor I would be upset if I knew someone was posting false ratings whether they be positive or negative.

gagal wrote: Very impressive!

gagal wrote:

Very impressive!

I wonder if the false ratings were random or directed at specific doctors who are members of Medical Justice, friends,....

If I were a doctor I would be upset if I knew someone was posting false ratings whether they be positive or negative.

Well,Dr.s Fishman, Geer, Lam and Nassif are all on the Wall of Shame. So, I don't think this was random. But whether or not they are all members is unknown. Medical Justice has removed its membership verification tool from their site.

Surprised that you would

Surprised that you would bring this up – It just shows what a farce most positive reviews really are. I work with an online marketing firm that has a “back office” that produces positive online reviews for doctors and lawyers. I estimate that upwards of 90% of all positive reviews in this space are spun. IF the average consumer had anything nice to say about a doctor / lawyer they would post it at a review site they already use – like Yelp. Last but not least – why would anybody post anything with an IP/MAC that could be traced using standard tools?

SearchTKO wrote: Surprised

SearchTKO wrote:

Surprised that you would bring this up – It just shows what a farce most positive reviews really are. I work with an online marketing firm that has a “back office” that produces positive online reviews for doctors and lawyers. I estimate that upwards of 90% of all positive reviews in this space are spun. IF the average consumer had anything nice to say about a doctor / lawyer they would post it at a review site they already use – like Yelp. Last but not least – why would anybody post anything with an IP/MAC that could be traced using standard tools?

SearchTKO, I think you'll find that it is not surprising we brought this up. We try our best to be transparent when we find spam, either positive spam or negative spam.

You bring up a good point that there are a lot of "SEO" companies churning out and posting fake positive reviews. I would be very interested to know the name of the online marketing firm you work with that is doing this.

BTW, your suggestion of using Yelp is not a good one in this case. Yelp, along with four other sites, was fooled too. Check out the "5 other rating websites" link in question #4 of my original post.

"why would anybody post anything with an IP/MAC that could be traced using standard tools?"

Because they are stupid.

John

SearchTKO wrote: I estimate

SearchTKO wrote:

I estimate that upwards of 90% of all positive reviews in this space are spun.

In your dreams.

SearchTKO wrote:

IF the average consumer had anything nice to say about a doctor / lawyer they would post it at a review site they already use – like Yelp.

I like John's response to this.

SearchTKO wrote:

Last but not least – why would anybody post anything with an IP/MAC that could be traced using standard tools?

Because they are arrogant, and ignorant, and they think they are sooooo smart. Just like you.

Katherine

John I would just like to

John

I would just like to point out that if your site (or any USA Only based website) was truly concerned about false reviews, you would implement security measures like Proxy Server blocking and IP Deny from all non-North American inbound HTTP requests. Of course NO site that thrives on User Generated Content would do this, as it would be “traffic suicide.” So it's not that other sites like Yelp were “fooled,” they just don't care – at the end of the day its all free UGC, and thats what drives the website and business model.

As for naming names – obviously that's not going to happen. I will say; Most professionals do not search for a company that sells fake review services. Instead they find “online reputation management” companies that offer a service to “engage in the acquisition of positive business reviews.” Wink Wink Nod Nod. There is plausible deniability for all parties involved, and most fake postings come in via an IP that is far beyond the jurisdiction of a subpoena. The kicker here is that some “review” sites also have a stake in the “reputation management” process. Talk about working both ends against the middle.

The medicaljustice.com IP addys you mentioned looked very suspicious to me also – primarily because they look like system generated IP addresses and not browser agents (human.) Picking apart their system it looks like their clients (doctors) may be encouraging end users (patients) to submit reviews to a database. I am guessing that you have not provided them with an API to pass the data – so they submit manually (maybe not a great idea) especially if the user has the ability to choose which review sites to submit to, or even worse, submitting to multiple sites.

Sites like yours might consider providing an API, after all, you all have the same goal – providing accurate reviews. Bet there is some $$ in that idea – Your Welcome!

SearchTKO wrote: I would just

SearchTKO wrote:

I would just like to point out that if your site (or any USA Only based website) was truly concerned about false reviews, you would implement security measures like Proxy Server blocking and IP Deny from all non-North American inbound HTTP requests. Of course NO site that thrives on User Generated Content would do this, as it would be “traffic suicide.” So it's not that other sites like Yelp were “fooled,” they just don't care – at the end of the day its all free UGC, and thats what drives the website and business model.

Hi SearchTKO,

You obviously have expertise in this area, but you think you know more than you do, at least about RateMDs. You say we wouldn't implement IP Deny? Try submitting a rating to our site for a US doc from a non-North American IP address and see what happens. This is not to say we are able to stop all the spam, far from it, but we do what we can. If the site loses its credibility due to an influx of spam, the traffic goes away, which is a much worse version of "traffic suicide".

We block proxy servers when we're able to identify them, but it sounds like you may know more about this subject than I.

The API idea is one I've thought a lot about, but the problem is the people using the API will likely be the "SEO" (ahem) companies. So we've taken the position that we only want ratings that are submitted by the patients themselves, and preferably from their home computers, where the doc is not looking over their shoulders as they rate.

I appreciate the time you've taken to reply, and if you have any more suggestions for us, I am all ears.

John

SearchTKO wrote: Picking

SearchTKO wrote:

Picking apart their system it looks like their clients (doctors) may be encouraging end users (patients) to submit reviews to a database.

.. which MJ would then submit here. I thought at first that might be the case because the text of the reviews looked very real to me.

But then I thought, if they were doing that (collecting genuinely positive patient reviews then reposting them here and on Yelp etc.), they why all the different anonymous email addresses? If it was an employee of MJ just moving data, why wouldn't they use john.smith @ medicaljustice.com for all the reviews, if it was legitimate?

With all the different "free-emailonline.com, mywebemails.com, thezmail.com" with many pseudonyms, it just looks staight up deceptive.

RateMDsJohn wrote: If the

RateMDsJohn wrote:

If the site loses its credibility due to an influx of spam, the traffic goes away, which is a much worse version of "traffic suicide".

unfortunately john, looks like the traffic for ratemds.com is doing just that Sad

Quantcast Link

RateMDsJohn wrote:

So we've taken the position that we only want ratings that are submitted by the patients themselves, and preferably from their home computers, where the doc is not looking over their shoulders as they rate.

really?? prove it john...ive offered you many suggestions and even just told you to name it, name whatever measures you would like me to take to confirm to you that my 50 some ratings that were removed because of your new system...are GENUINE AND FROM REAL PATIENTS FROM THEIR REAL HOUSE AND REAL COMPUTERS!! it shouldnt be too difficult for you to go through them and make list of a few...make it easy on yourself..all you have to do is write down the last names of the ones that actually put it in their own review!!

you have yet to take me up on any offer...name it john...ill do it...

RateMDsJohn wrote:

I appreciate the time you've taken to reply, and if you have any more suggestions for us, I am all ears.

John

no you are not...see above Sad

come on john, im tryin here..this has to get resolved,

or not Puzzled

p.s. dont ask how many times i had to preview and fix quotes preview and fix quotes to get his right! lol..im kinda proud of myself actually! Big smile

p.s.s. im going out of town for the weekend, so dont take my no replies as a "AHH GOTCHA! WE SHUT HIM UP" LOL

as a certain someone once said..

"i'll be back" Eye-wink

ok, sorry bad quote eh Love

kiddoc wrote: RateMDsJohn

kiddoc wrote:
RateMDsJohn wrote:

If the site loses its credibility due to an influx of spam, the traffic goes away, which is a much worse version of "traffic suicide".

unfortunately john, looks like the traffic for ratemds.com is doing just that Sad

Quantcast Link

Actually kiddoc, RateMDs had it's biggest traffic month ever last month. Quantcast is showing a drop because I removed all their javascript tags from the site for two reasons:

1 - I rarely looked at the Quantcast stats, since we use Google Analytics
2 - The javascript tags slow the site down

As I have stated before, you are the highest rated doc in your area. I'm not sure you have too much to complain about.

John

SearchTKO wrote: John I would

SearchTKO wrote:

John

I would just like to point out that if your site (or any USA Only based website) was truly concerned about false reviews, you would implement security measures like Proxy Server blocking and IP Deny from all non-North American inbound HTTP requests. Of course NO site that thrives on User Generated Content would do this, as it would be “traffic suicide.” So it's not that other sites like Yelp were “fooled,” they just don't care – at the end of the day its all free UGC, and thats what drives the website and business model.

I worked (contracted) for a local search/review company that-shall-not-be-named for nearly 3 years. They did, in fact, block IP addresses and users from outside the USA from submitted new businesses. However, with a database of businesses in the range of 30 million plus and counting, actively blocking non-US IP addresses would not be practical. What about a person who lives in, say, Europe who just visited the US on vacation or a business trip who now wants to review the places they patronized while here?

Most, if not all, of those sites DO maintain a blacklist of IP addresses, however. Once an IP block is determined to be the source of spam - either listings or reviews - then it gets added to the blacklist and they cannot post any longer. There are also open source RBL-style services that can be used to proactively prevent known spam sources & bots from submitting reviews, like those that are used by forum owners (like phpBB uses).

SearchTKO wrote:

As for naming names – obviously that's not going to happen. I will say; Most professionals do not search for a company that sells fake review services. Instead they find “online reputation management” companies that offer a service to “engage in the acquisition of positive business reviews.” Wink Wink Nod Nod. There is plausible deniability for all parties involved, and most fake postings come in via an IP that is far beyond the jurisdiction of a subpoena. The kicker here is that some “review” sites also have a stake in the “reputation management” process. Talk about working both ends against the middle.

But there are some that offer legitimate services, too. Just because there are obvious scammers out there doesn't mean that there aren't legitimate ones, too. You would simply have to do your due diligence to find the ones who offer good service for a good price, or even for free.

Having the services offered by the same companies that provide the listing/review services is not surprising at all. The company I developed for does this. After all - they are the ones with all the data. "Reputation management" is simply another business model for using that data they have already to make some money. It's how they use it and what services they offer that matters. Are they doing it in an ethical manner or not?

SearchTKO wrote:

The medicaljustice.com IP addys you mentioned looked very suspicious to me also – primarily because they look like system generated IP addresses and not browser agents (human.) Picking apart their system it looks like their clients (doctors) may be encouraging end users (patients) to submit reviews to a database. I am guessing that you have not provided them with an API to pass the data – so they submit manually (maybe not a great idea) especially if the user has the ability to choose which review sites to submit to, or even worse, submitting to multiple sites.

Sites like yours might consider providing an API, after all, you all have the same goal – providing accurate reviews. Bet there is some $$ in that idea – Your Welcome!

The site I worked for did/does offer an API, and yes, they sometimes charged a fee for using it if the partner was big enough to justify it. The problem becomes, who is going to have enough reviews to post from another source that would justify needing an API to post them, aside from maybe an App for something like a smartphone?

An anonymous, but what I deem

An anonymous, but what I deem to be credible, source tells me that Medical Justice's submission of ratings to multiple doctor review websites is called their "Review Builder Program", and is being actively sold to their clients. I've updated the original post to include this information.

In retrospect my comments

In retrospect my comments that the IP addys (subdomain.medicaljustice.com) looked system generated (not human) was a little naïve. With your obvious IT expertise, you would have spotted this right away. If you know the review source is not trying to mask their identity, then you must be confident that the submitted reviews are fake, or test data? If they used real doctors names with test data.... Ouch! On the other hand, if the product is up and working, and the reviews are real, you just called a bunch of doctors crooks. I don't find a product called “Review Builder Program” anywhere, so it must be a beta.

SearchTKO wrote: In

SearchTKO wrote:

In retrospect my comments that the IP addys (subdomain.medicaljustice.com) looked system generated (not human) was a little naïve. With your obvious IT expertise, you would have spotted this right away. If you know the review source is not trying to mask their identity, then you must be confident that the submitted reviews are fake, or test data? If they used real doctors names with test data.... Ouch! On the other hand, if the product is up and working, and the reviews are real, you just called a bunch of doctors crooks. I don't find a product called “Review Builder Program” anywhere, so it must be a beta.

I'm sure that John will have more to say about this when he comes online but this morning a tech "blog" published an honest-to-God news article on the subject. They even interviewed Segal himself who--ready for this?--admitted to being behind the ratings.

*insert happy dance here*
Segal claims that the ratings John found were part of a test run of a new review program that will soon be available to patients everywhere. BUT he refused to disclose how the program worked or whether or not the numerical portions were entered (which change from one site to another) were entered by MJ staff or by the patient or anything else about this "mystery program". Nor would he explain why the user names changed from one site to the next. For example, you can find one rating for one surgeon on five different sites under four different usernames.

As the late, great, JaneQPatient liked to say, WTF?

Furthermore back in December 2010, Medical Justice proved that their middle name is hypocrisy when they published little essay on their own blog:XI Thou Shall Not Impersonate Others on the Internet

Edit: Oh wait, they've removed it. What a shock.

And here's the article to

And here's the article to which Kat refers:

"Medical Justice caught impersonating happy patients on Yelp, RateMDs"

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/05/medical-justice-caught-impersonating-happy-patients-on-yelp-ratemds.ars

John Congratulations to you

John
Congratulations to you and Kat for your diligent
pursuit of this scummy Med Justice website
Such unethical conduct by MJ will obviously
trickle down to its members

Any dr. who believes this is an inappropriate part of
the MJ service should redact themselves before it affects
their actual reputation.

Keep up the good work - RMD serves the public and
MJ does not~

Check this out: They actually

Check this out: They actually have tried to patent their brand of sliminess.

http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20080288282

Kat

Here they are selling their

Here they are selling their goods to the plastic surgeons at the last ASAPS meeting.

http://www.surgery.org/microsite/meeting2011/program-weekataglance-wednesday.php

9:30am
Panel — Internet Marketing—Mastering the Web
Moderator: W. Grant Stevens, MD
Panelists: Ryan J. Miller — Top Rankings — What It Takes to Top Google/Picking a Vendor
Brent Foster — Building & Protecting Your Online Brand
W. Grant Stevens, MD — The Role of the Surgeon — Making the Most of Your Leads
Jeff Segal, MD, JD, Founder of Medical Justice — Reputation Management—Cultivating Positive Reviews
& Legal Options

The fact that a couple of months ago they removed the option to be able to look up and see whether a doctor is a member; is that legal? If they think that what they are offering is so great, why do they now hide who their members are? What is it, some sort of secret society now?

ss4433 wrote: The fact that

ss4433 wrote:

The fact that a couple of months ago they removed the option to be able to look up and see whether a doctor is a member; is that legal?

Why wouldn't it be legal?

ss4433 wrote:

If they think that what they are offering is so great, why do they now hide who their members are?

Very good question! Smiling

wishandaprayer wrote: ss4433

wishandaprayer wrote:
ss4433 wrote:

The fact that a couple of months ago they removed the option to be able to look up and see whether a doctor is a member; is that legal?

Why wouldn't it be legal?

Its legal. Inconvenient, but very much legal.

I am victim of the Medical

I am victim of the Medical Justice...it is really like a pill. Now that RateMDs revealed the truth about certain 'corruption' related to surgeons and the Medical Justice, I am not scared that much. I have some answers to respond.

The list of the surgeons who were up on the MJ site was not correct. I did my research and have been collecting evidence and have enough grounds to say that two surgeons who are MJ members had their names removed from the MJ list while the MJ still put up the list. They know that being a MJ member puts people off. These two particular 'bad' surgeons live off the internet and their reputation would be at a disadvantage if people knew that they were MJ members. So MJ lied, and now after they were caught astrouturfing the net they showed us how hypocritical they can be. I do nt trust the MJ.

I had an 'undesirable' service from one of those surgeons up on the Wall of Shame. In my opinion, this surgeon's sole interest is to make money and his work is not up to standards. This surgeon litterally uses rating sites to promote his business, in fact on his webpage he has a box displaying ratings from various rating sites so that viewers will believe that he is sought after by many clients. I was one of those 'fools' who believed his ratings and regret that I went for him. Now RateMDs caught him with ratings by 'false' posters.

His MJ attorney, Domingo Rivera, who in my opinion is another hypocrate, made my life 'hell' (if I may say that) pestering and bullying me to shut up. He has been pestering and bullying me for a year and a half, eventhough I informed him to contact my lawyer about his issues rather than contcating me; until last month I got fed up and published his letters on some sites. After that he stopped sending emails/letters. After that he phoned my lawyer in Europe-and I am WARNING Domingo Rivera again, if he calls I will record his pone call and post it online and on radio stations.

Medical Justice-one of your clients, Dr. Paul Nassif in Beverly Hills, gave me poor results and since then healthwise I have been suffering, I received poor standards of care and I do nt find any value for money for the service I received from your client especially when I was overcharged. Your client also expolited me financialy. Please stop bugging like a roach as the more you pester and try to bully me, the more I ll talk. I do understand that a surgeon may do mistakes, but at least your client should fix his mistakes. You and your client tried to intimidate me to seal my mouth-things do not work out that way!

....

....

HealthChem0 wrote: The list

HealthChem0 wrote:

The list of the surgeons who were up on the MJ site was not correct. I did my research and have been collecting evidence and have enough grounds to say that two surgeons who are MJ members had their names removed from the MJ list while the MJ still put up the list. They know that being a MJ member puts people off. These two particular 'bad' surgeons live off the internet and their reputation would be at a disadvantage if people knew that they were MJ members. So MJ lied, and now after they were caught astrouturfing the net they showed us how hypocritical they can be. I do nt trust the MJ.

Just an update perhaps I did nt explain myself clearl. Although these 2 surgeons had their names removed from the list, they were still MJ members. Most probably MJ was trying to fool around. By now I am used to their techniques. I do nt trust them!

Considering the Medical

Considering the Medical Justice was so busy pestering and bullying me so that I will not speak up my mind they have a little reward. Obviously this reward also goes to their attorney Domingo Rivera and their client Dr.Paul Nassif in Beverly Hills- where I call them 'hypocrates' as explained on the blogs.

1. Cick on this blog for evidence: http://beverlyhillspaulnassif.blogspot.com/p/paul-nassif-license-g84590-has-fake.html

I call DrPaul Nassif a hypocrite! Why? On his home Website he proudly displays a box with ratings to buy your trust, while:

-He has 5 star positive ratings posted by impostors (see evidence)

-Gives ‘Gag Contracts’ and threatens unhappy patients so as to silence unhappy patients (see evidence)

2. Cick on this blog for evidence: http://beverlyhillspaulnassif.blogspot.com/p/paul-nassifs-medical-justice-attorney.html

Why do I call Medical Justice Domingo J. Rivera, his Medical of Justice team and his client Dr. Paul Nassif corrupt?

HealthChem0

HealthChem0 wrote:

Considering the Medical Justice was so busy pestering and bullying me so that I will not speak up my mind they have a little reward. Obviously this reward also goes to their attorney Domingo Rivera and their client Dr.Paul Nassif in Beverly Hills- where I call them 'hypocrates' as explained on the blogs.

As a mother of a son who felt that he had been medically harmed and was now being bullied, I wouldn't want my son using foul language towards the doctor. I would want my son, the patient, to have access to justice through honest, ethical medical experts and disclosure of the truth, and be able to speak the truth so that other patients can receive ethical, safe care.

Get an honest, ethical medical expert. They should be available for you through oversight agencies, and if they are not, then that is something that you need to work to change.

I am not certain if the legal system can help you, but you need to get on with your life, and the legal system can cause years of additional mental and emotional harm serving only to compound the physical harm.

http://www.youtube.com/user/drpaulnassif

As a mother of a doctor who I was very proud of, I would feel sad for him, but I would not be disappointed in him for making honest mistakes. I would assure him that he is only human and nobody is perfect, and he is still the best in my heart, whether or not he is perfect. But, I would insist that he take accoutability if he knows that he could have done better, and never cause more harm by refusing to take accoutability and learn from his mistakes.

Dr.Paul Nassif is on a

Dr.Paul Nassif is on a reality show.Its called the "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills".His wife is Adrienne Maloof.

Jack2 wrote: Dr.Paul Nassif

Jack2 wrote:

Dr.Paul Nassif is on a reality show.Its called the "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills".His wife is Adrienne Maloof.

Yes, I believe I have read that before. But that doesn't make it OK for him to use a gag contract. To be honest I don't know for a fact that he does, but he is among those who received ratings from Medical Justice and this makes me inclined to believe that he does use a contract.

The great irony of the gag contract is that up until a month and a half ago they flat out prohibited ANY reviews. Which in a way is almost as damaging as bad reviews. My theory is that MJ created this Review Builder Program to remedy the situation.

That is interesting. It was

That is interesting. It was around that time, mid-april that they eliminated the member lookup option.

The great irony of the gag contract is that up until a month and a half ago they flat out prohibited ANY reviews. Which in a way is almost as damaging as bad reviews. My theory is that MJ created this Review Builder Program to remedy the situation.

Katherine wrote: Jack2

Katherine wrote:
Jack2 wrote:

Dr.Paul Nassif is on a reality show.Its called the "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills".His wife is Adrienne Maloof.

Yes, I believe I have read that before. But that doesn't make it OK for him to use a gag contract. To be honest I don't know for a fact that he does, but he is among those who received ratings from Medical Justice and this makes me inclined to believe that he does use a contract.

The great irony of the gag contract is that up until a month and a half ago they flat out prohibited ANY reviews. Which in a way is almost as damaging as bad reviews. My theory is that MJ created this Review Builder Program to remedy the situation.

Dr. Paul Nassif is on various shows including the E show, Dr90210 and many others. He is also a good contributor of various rating sites and messageboards including Realself.com, MakeMeHeal and many others...he is a 'Markeing ****' who lives off the internet. You have seen my results on the Blog http://www.beverlyhillspaulnassif.blogspot.com/ and I also developed serious functional problems, and the standards of care I received for a lumpy sum of money was too poor-do you think that those are good results and good approaches which makes him a good surgeon? He is a business-minded person and a 'Fame ****'!

After my incident with

After my incident with Medical Justice attorney Domingo J. Rivera whereby I posted his letters on some sites he started calling my lawyer and stopped sending letteres of bullying and threats. After that, I received an email from a particular plasticsurgery messageboard, whereby Paul Nassif is one of the messageboard contributor, the same style as Domingo J. Rivera's...I am also receiving various rude and other comments of bullying from 'commenters' who sign up and post only on my blogs/youtube videos. Words like 'mothe* fu*ke*', 'mo*on' and many others.

MJ Domingo J. Rivera knows about RateMDs and he is angry about it. On one of his letters he accused me of nominating his client Paul Nassif on RateMDs Wall of Shame and he said that I am 'discouraging clients from entering into a contractual agreement' with his client Paul Nassif. He wants me to somehow remove Paul Nassif's name from the Wall of Shame...I have all the correspondence stored and at hand.

In simple words, Medical Justice attorney Domingo J. Rivera, his Medical Justice team and his client Dr. Paul Nassif cannot reach me perhaps because I live far away and overseas, and I am happy about this because I used their 'Gag Contracts' as cat litter and it is my mission to help and inform other US prospective patients not to fall into such 'trap'.

They are using various tactics to seal my mouth...and the more they do, the more I open my mouth. MJ Domingo Rivera would be better off pestering and bullying his mother rather than bullying me!

I simply ask this question to

I simply ask this question to anyone on this forum: If Paul Nassif has planted (fake) positive 5 star glowing reviews on rate MDs and he give 'Gag Contracts', why the hell on earth on his home webpage he proudly displays a box with ratings to 'deceive' us patients? That is corruption and hypocritical!

Cick on this blog for evidence: http://beverlyhillspaulnassif.blogspot.com/p/paul-nassif-license-g84590-has-fake.html I ve attached copies of documets, pictures and other copies.

I call DrPaul Nassif a hypocrite! Why? On his home Website he proudly displays a box with ratings to buy your trust, while:

-He has 5 star positive ratings posted by impostors (see evidence)

-Gives ‘Gag Contracts’ and threatens unhappy patients so as to silence unhappy patients (see evidence)

He is using rating sites as part of his heavy marketing

HealthChem0 wrote: I simply

HealthChem0 wrote:

I simply ask this question to anyone on this forum: If Paul Nassif has planted (fake) positive 5 star glowing reviews on rate MDs and he give 'Gag Contracts', why the hell on earth on his home webpage he proudly displays a box with ratings to 'deceive' us patients? That is corruption and hypocritical!

Cick on this blog for evidence: http://beverlyhillspaulnassif.blogspot.com/p/paul-nassif-license-g84590-has-fake.html

I call DrPaul Nassif a hypocrite! Why? On his home Website he proudly displays a box with ratings to buy your trust, while:

-He has 5 star positive ratings posted by impostors (see evidence)

-Gives ‘Gag Contracts’ and threatens unhappy patients so as to silence unhappy patients (see evidence)

Actually you have not provided evidence that Dr. Nassif is using a gag contract.

There is a scan of a "Mutual

There is a scan of a "Mutual Agreement to Maintain Privacy" page with that doctor's name here:

blogspot link , which links from that blog blog with long url

m130 wrote: There is a scan

m130 wrote:

There is a scan of a "Mutual Agreement to Maintain Privacy" page with that doctor's name here:

blogspot link , which links from that blog blog with long url

Okay, that works.

However, HealthChem, you might want to create a new thread because this thread is dedicated to Medical Justice in general and your beef is with Paul Nassif.

Just sayin'.

Edit: My apologies for sounding suspicious but a lot of what you say is reminiscent of another critic of a different Beverly Hills plastic surgeon. Unlike you though, she flat refused to provide evidence for her accusations.

Another mention of this

Another mention of this story:

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20110531/12471914490/medical-justice-caught-posting-happy-reviews-doctors-claims-its-just-helping-patients.shtml

John

P.S. - I just removed the posts that were discussing what a J.D. is. Feel free to start a new thread on this topic if you wish.

FTC-Federal Trade

FTC-Federal Trade Commission

The FTC is an organisation who procets the consumer in general. Surgeons who mislead patients by 'fake' planted rating reviews with the intention of promoting their business are regulated by the FTC.

'Your complaints can help us detect patterns of wrong-doing, and lead to investigations and prosecutions. The FTC enters all complaints it receives into Consumer Sentinel, a secure online database that is used by thousands of civil and criminal law enforcement authorities worldwide. The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints'- FTC site. https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

1- Will the FTC also consider the planted rating reviews by the Medical Justice?

2. Do you think that certain surgeons in general post rating reviews themselves (it is called doctoring the web) and the Medical Justice took the responsability to post the reviews themselves so as to prevent the surgeons from being caught?

If anyone is interested in posting a complaint with the FTC this is the link: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?Lang=en

New article was published

New article was published about this last week.

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20110531/12471914490/medical-justice-caug

The person who opened the

The person who opened the thread " RateMDs.com is Bogus", should read this thread.

If this site is bogus, why would so many doctors be willing to pay Medical Justice to change their Sad , to a Smiling

Puzzled Cool Cool

heartthrob wrote: The person

heartthrob wrote:

The person who opened the thread " RateMDs.com is Bogus", should read this thread.

If this site is bogus, why would so many doctors be willing to pay Medical Justice to change their Sad , to a Smiling

Puzzled Cool Cool

It seems that planting positive ratings may have a potential business appeal to such fields as plastic surgery and dentistry, where
the competition can be pretty intense.

Otherwise, I think it's just a matter of MDs not likely having bad stuff being said about them. At least in Canada, there's a pretty big shortage of docs: there's a large amount of patients, and simply not enought MDs.

Maybe that's not the case in the US.

Most positive reviews are NOT

Most positive reviews are NOT spun. I totally disagree. My patients are asked specifically if they would like to write a review for us post surgery. My patients are happy post op and if they have found me on the internet then they are more than happy to post a nice review to tell about their experience. The only negative i have was a patient that said she would go online and trash me which she of course did on ratemd.com . She made up the surgeries and said i did not do a good job. All i could do was answer this on line which i was happy that ratemd would let me do ...to explain that this patient made it up. As long as the positives outweigh the negative then i feel good. yes they can post on help...but both ratemd and yelp are the top two that i have found patients like to post a review on.

Andrew Cohen, M.D.

andrewcohen wrote: Most

andrewcohen wrote:

Most positive reviews are NOT spun. I totally disagree. My patients are asked specifically if they would like to write a review for us post surgery. My patients are happy post op and if they have found me on the internet then they are more than happy to post a nice review to tell about their experience. The only negative i have was a patient that said she would go online and trash me which she of course did on ratemd.com . She made up the surgeries and said i did not do a good job. All i could do was answer this on line which i was happy that ratemd would let me do ...to explain that this patient made it up. As long as the positives outweigh the negative then i feel good. yes they can post on help...but both ratemd and yelp are the top two that i have found patients like to post a review on.

Andrew Cohen, M.D.

Looks like you work very hard at this.

drcohen wrote:

My patients are asked specifically if they would like to write a review for us post surgery.

Do you ask all patients to write a review, or only those who are pleased with their result? If you were going to be really fair about coercing patients to write reviews, then you should ask all patients at the time of consultation or informed consent to write reviews, making it a random group. I'm sure you are selective in who you choose to coerce.

drcohen wrote:

My patients are happy post op

I wonder if they're 'in the arms of Morpheus'??

How is it that you're so certain that the patient who wrote the negative review was the liposuction patient? I didn't see any name signed.

http://www.ratemds.com/social/?q=node/46414

chrisaldridge

chrisaldridge wrote:

Otherwise, I think it's just a matter of MDs not likely having bad stuff being said about them.

If the "bad stuff" is the truth, then all is fair.

Calkins gave a lecture talking about PVI (pulmonary vein ablation), in which he described my injury. He then said "Well, if you're going to be doing this sort of thing, you have to expect that there will be 'Collateral Damage', hence the title of Dan's book.

We had the lecture on tape and tried to use it in court. To me that would have given the jury an accurate accounting of his mind set (patients are dispensable). Defense counsel requested that the judge disallow this vid or quote from the case, stating that

"It would be highly inflammatory to a jury."

So? That would be the intent. The jury needed to see how he thought (and still thinks), that patients are expendable in the purview of learning.

If a mechanic did a bad job on your car, was unable to correct his mistakes, and further refused to refund your money, would it be fair to write a review?

heartthrob wrote: If a

heartthrob wrote:

If a mechanic did a bad job on your car, was unable to correct his mistakes, and further refused to refund your money, would it be fair to write a review?

If a mechanic does a bad job, and is unwilling or unable to help you to correct the problem, then you can go to the Better Business Bureau or Small Claims Court.

And there is no Mechanic Justice to prevent you from doing that. Now, if mechanics prevented you from speaking up and planted good reviews so that you would take your car to them and then they messed up your car, and your car rolled and you were harmed, - well - don't you think that the mechanic should take accountability for that?

Or - can we assume that he would learn from his mistake with your car, and others would be safer in the future?

And you just have to accept that you were Collateral Damage to his learning curve?

The reality is that doctors are not perfect and there is a learning curve.

I don't believe that a doctor's career and reputation should be ruined as he is trying to learn, and some learning can be life-long learning. But, I do believe that he should be willing and able to learn, and that patients should have a voice, and doctors should take accountability, disclose their errors, and fix the problem as soon as possible.

heartthrob

heartthrob wrote:
chrisaldridge wrote:

Otherwise, I think it's just a matter of MDs not likely having bad stuff being said about them.

If the "bad stuff" is the truth, then all is fair.

I've said this soooooo many times before.

The squeaky wheels squeak.

Patients with an axe to grind are going to post a negative review, whereas happy patients - not so much.

Human nature.

heartthrob

heartthrob wrote:
andrewcohen wrote:

Most positive reviews are NOT spun. I totally disagree. My patients are asked specifically if they would like to write a review for us post surgery. My patients are happy post op and if they have found me on the internet then they are more than happy to post a nice review to tell about their experience. The only negative i have was a patient that said she would go online and trash me which she of course did on ratemd.com . She made up the surgeries and said i did not do a good job. All i could do was answer this on line which i was happy that ratemd would let me do ...to explain that this patient made it up. As long as the positives outweigh the negative then i feel good. yes they can post on help...but both ratemd and yelp are the top two that i have found patients like to post a review on.

Andrew Cohen, M.D.

Looks like you work very hard at this.

drcohen wrote:

My patients are asked specifically if they would like to write a review for us post surgery.

Do you ask all patients to write a review, or only those who are pleased with their result? If you were going to be really fair about coercing patients to write reviews, then you should ask all patients at the time of consultation or informed consent to write reviews, making it a random group. I'm sure you are selective in who you choose to coerce.

drcohen wrote:

My patients are happy post op

I wonder if they're 'in the arms of Morpheus'??

How is it that you're so certain that the patient who wrote the negative review was the liposuction patient? I didn't see any name signed.

http://www.ratemds.com/social/?q=node/46414

How do you "coerce" a patient into writing a review?

chrisaldridge

chrisaldridge wrote:
heartthrob wrote:
andrewcohen wrote:

Most positive reviews are NOT spun. I totally disagree. My patients are asked specifically if they would like to write a review for us post surgery. My patients are happy post op and if they have found me on the internet then they are more than happy to post a nice review to tell about their experience. The only negative i have was a patient that said she would go online and trash me which she of course did on ratemd.com . She made up the surgeries and said i did not do a good job. All i could do was answer this on line which i was happy that ratemd would let me do ...to explain that this patient made it up. As long as the positives outweigh the negative then i feel good. yes they can post on help...but both ratemd and yelp are the top two that i have found patients like to post a review on.

Andrew Cohen, M.D.

Looks like you work very hard at this.

drcohen wrote:

My patients are asked specifically if they would like to write a review for us post surgery.

Do you ask all patients to write a review, or only those who are pleased with their result? If you were going to be really fair about coercing patients to write reviews, then you should ask all patients at the time of consultation or informed consent to write reviews, making it a random group. I'm sure you are selective in who you choose to coerce.

drcohen wrote:

My patients are happy post op

I wonder if they're 'in the arms of Morpheus'??

How is it that you're so certain that the patient who wrote the negative review was the liposuction patient? I didn't see any name signed.

http://www.ratemds.com/social/?q=node/46414

How do you "coerce" a patient into writing a review?

Physicians, like anyone else reading familiar context etc can pretty much pinpoint who the patient is. Unlike the majority of opinion of the posters on this site and those like it, Doctors do pay attention to their patients and know them better sometimes than they know themselves. Just the same as most regular posters here can recognize and "know" who a poster is regardless of the screen name.

People do hold grudges for many a reason, one persons bad experience with one individual should not apply to all professionals of that expertise, be it mechanic , plumber or physician.. some patients lie and if you are in the world of plastic.. hords of unrealistic expectations.. perfection is seldom achieved i have had "reviews" posted of me by someone ive never met. absolute hand to God fact. its on the internet, and not a diddly i can do to have it removed that doesnt come with a fee, so like joan jett said,.. " i dont give a damn bout a bad reputation".. long as its based in fact. not revenge, not vendetta.

to coerce a patient., well that is illegal, to simply ask if they are willing to tell of their experience.. shows the doctor is not afraid of being criticized or praised.
all in my humble opinion.

List of doctors who received

List of doctors who received ratings from Medical Justice. The number just before the link indicates just how many ratings they received.


NAME.........................................LOCATION.................RATINGS...LINK
Alexander Vaccaro....................... PHILADELPHIA, PA.............. 1 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/359448
ALIETA ECK.............................. PISCATAWAY, NJ................ 1 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/2602424
Amiya Prasad............................ New York, NY.................. 6 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/169398
Balaji Gupta............................ Darien, IL.................... 1 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/196421
Camille Adli............................ LONG BEACH, CA................ 1 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/391591
Cheryl Geer............................. CAMARILLO, CA................. 1 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/6538
Clint Hayes............................. DENISON, TX................... 1 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/418324
Douglas Steinbrech...................... NEW YORK, NY.................. 2 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/136785
Janice McDonald......................... ELIZABETH CITY, NC............ 4 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/157793
Jeffrey Adelglass....................... PLANO, TX..................... 6 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/150083
Jeffrey Epstein......................... Miami, FL..................... 1 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/17533
Joel Aronowitz.......................... LOS ANGELES, CA............... 4 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/94457
John Edney.............................. OMAHA, NE..................... 1 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/292357
KERRI WHITE............................. BOCA RATON, FL................ 4 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/2888690
KEVIN TEHRANI........................... GREAT NECK, NY................ 2 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/3305979
Larry Fishman........................... BRANDON, FL................... 3 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/53521
Leonard Rubinstein...................... SARASOTA, FL.................. 3 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/157624
Lisa Airan.............................. NEW YORK, NY.................. 1 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/146372
Marie Montag............................ OMAHA, NE..................... 1 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/138817
Mark Clymer............................. BRENTWOOD, TN................. 2 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/126500
MICHAEL WHITE........................... WEBSTER GROVES, MO............ 2 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/2924879
Michael Edwards......................... LAS VEGAS, NV................. 1 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/86338
Miguel Pappolla......................... Houston, TX................... 2 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/3208522
Otto Placik............................. ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, IL......... 3 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/168100
Paul Nassif............................. BEVERLY HILLS, CA............. 5 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/146739
Peter Hetzler........................... LITTLE SILVER, NJ............. 2 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/585538
Philip J. Miller........................ NEW YORK, NY.................. 3 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/32301
Randall Harrell......................... Palm Harbor, FL............... 6 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/25216
Richard Bruneteau....................... OMAHA, NE..................... 1 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/289489
Roy David............................... LA JOLLA, CA.................. 1 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/948380
Samuel Lam.............................. PLANO, TX..................... 1 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/398875
Soorita Goorah.......................... SILVER SPRING, MD............. 2 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/113128
STACY MAKHNEVICH........................ BROOKLYN, NY.................. 3 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/3099381
Stephen Schlesinger..................... KAHULUI, HI................... 1 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/587922
Steven Teitelbaum....................... SANTA MONICA, CA.............. 1 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/1141
Thomas McNemar.......................... TRACY, CA..................... 1 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/430434
TODD GUTHRIE............................ MOUNT SHASTA, CA.............. 3 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/2419692
Usha Rajagopal.......................... San Francisco, CA............. 2 http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/160846

imaright wrote: Physicians,

imaright wrote:

Physicians, like anyone else reading familiar context etc can pretty much pinpoint who the patient is. Unlike the majority of opinion of the posters on this site and those like it, Doctors do pay attention to their patients and know them better sometimes than they know themselves. Just the same as most regular posters here can recognize and "know" who a poster is regardless of the screen name.

People do hold grudges for many a reason, one persons bad experience with one individual should not apply to all professionals of that expertise, be it mechanic , plumber or physician.. some patients lie and if you are in the world of plastic.. hords of unrealistic expectations.. perfection is seldom achieved i have had "reviews" posted of me by someone ive never met. absolute hand to God fact. its on the internet, and not a diddly i can do to have it removed that doesnt come with a fee, so like joan jett said,.. " i dont give a damn bout a bad reputation".. long as its based in fact. not revenge, not vendetta.

to coerce a patient., well that is illegal, to simply ask if they are willing to tell of their experience.. shows the doctor is not afraid of being criticized or praised.
all in my humble opinion.

I'm glad to know you don't coerce a patient into signing a useless, piece of paper that probably has a zero chance of prevailing in a U.S. court. Remember back when they taught you Political Science? Freedom of Speech?

Why don't you explain the difference between someone in power, asking someone lacking power if they are willing to tell of their experience with said doctor? IMO, both contract and promise are morally wrong. Of course the promise would make more sense if asked after the surgery, and not before. Another wink.

Good Lord! I can't imagine my physician knowing me better than I know myself, since our conversations are limited to any affliction I might have. As for regular posters recognizing another poster, so what? I was MED101, I came back as MED_SR. I'm the same person, who came back a little older. Laughing out loud

You said patients lie! Are you saying that no one tells the truth, or that no one tells the truth about you? Do you know that some doctors lie? Jawdropping! Several patients on this site can tell you they do.

Me, I only stretch the truth when I meet a good looking woman. Evil

MED_SR wrote: imaright

MED_SR wrote:
imaright wrote:

Physicians, like anyone else reading familiar context etc can pretty much pinpoint who the patient is. Unlike the majority of opinion of the posters on this site and those like it, Doctors do pay attention to their patients and know them better sometimes than they know themselves. Just the same as most regular posters here can recognize and "know" who a poster is regardless of the screen name.

People do hold grudges for many a reason, one persons bad experience with one individual should not apply to all professionals of that expertise, be it mechanic , plumber or physician.. some patients lie and if you are in the world of plastic.. hords of unrealistic expectations.. perfection is seldom achieved i have had "reviews" posted of me by someone ive never met. absolute hand to God fact. its on the internet, and not a diddly i can do to have it removed that doesnt come with a fee, so like joan jett said,.. " i dont give a damn bout a bad reputation".. long as its based in fact. not revenge, not vendetta.

to coerce a patient., well that is illegal, to simply ask if they are willing to tell of their experience.. shows the doctor is not afraid of being criticized or praised.
all in my humble opinion.

I'm glad to know you don't coerce a patient into signing a useless, piece of paper that probably has a zero chance of prevailing in a U.S. court. Remember back when they taught you Political Science? Freedom of Speech?

Why don't you explain the difference between someone in power, asking someone lacking power if they are willing to tell of their experience with said doctor? IMO, both contract and promise are morally wrong. Of course the promise would make more sense if asked after the surgery, and not before. Another wink.

Good Lord! I can't imagine my physician knowing me better than I know myself, since our conversations are limited to any affliction I might have. As for regular posters recognizing another poster, so what? I was MED101, I came back as MED_SR. I'm the same person, who came back a little older. Laughing out loud

You said patients lie! Are you saying that no one tells the truth, or that no one tells the truth about you? Do you know that some doctors lie? Jawdropping! Several patients on this site can tell you they do.

Me, I only stretch the truth when I meet a good looking woman. Evil

I was offering my opinion on the exchange that took place. I believe that the poster andrewcohen stated that his patients were asked POST OP to evaluate/review. Not so much different than any other industry asking for survey to be completed or review offered of the service. I had a roofing company ask me to complete a survey after work they did, and a dentist.
I said that people hold grudges, not that all patients lie. Nor did i state anywhere that all doctors tell the truth. and yes on some occasions for some people the doctor does know them a bit better.. i didnt say all aspects of ones self. Afflictions aside, long term relationship (been seeing the same doc for 10 yrs or more)you get to know people. if you take the time to do such.
I know many a people who tell the truth about me, nor am i afraid of constructive critism.
My comment about posters being recognized was to illustrate that just because someone is not using their "real" name when leaving a review doesn't mean that the provider can't tell who that poster is in real life.
Im an honest person, was raised that there is nothing so bad you have to lie. Besides. its easy to remember the truth.. it doesn't change.
Far as Freedom of Speech, yes there is a constitutional right to freedom of speech, and with it comes responsibility. You cant yell fire in a crowded theatre. It is not without restraint, hence liable and defamation statutes. even freedoms have accountability.

OH MY GOD!!!! Well done

OH MY GOD!!!! Well done ReteMDs.com for your very thorough work. I cannot believe that any organization would actually spend time, money and have that amount of duplicitous behaviour as to collaborate on such a project. I commend all of you for you tenaciousness in bringing this information to us...the ones who need it and are as yet still trying to find certain specialised doctors. All I can say is thank you...thank you...thank you! Smiling

John: While I believe you are

John:

While I believe you are sincere in wishing to maintain the integrity of the ratings posted on ratemds, I think there is a lot more that could be done.

One suggestion I have is that your site actually contact the individuals that post suspect comments - either positive ones or negative ones. You have the e-mail addresses of many of these patients so they could be contacted by ratemds. You could then ask these individuals to provide some sort of evidence that they at least saw the doctor they rated on. There are many simple ways this could be done.

This would essentially eliminate what has happened to me on several occasions - ie. bunches of perfectly legit ratings taken down overnight and false ratings posted either intentionally or unintentionally.

While this would obviously be somewhat laborious on your side, it may not be too much to ask considering that the reputations of physicans are directly affected by what is posted on your site.

Drbackstein

Drbackstein wrote:

John:

While I believe you are sincere in wishing to maintain the integrity of the ratings posted on ratemds, I think there is a lot more that could be done.

One suggestion I have is that your site actually contact the individuals that post suspect comments - either positive ones or negative ones. You have the e-mail addresses of many of these patients so they could be contacted by ratemds. You could then ask these individuals to provide some sort of evidence that they at least saw the doctor they rated on. There are many simple ways this could be done.

This would essentially eliminate what has happened to me on several occasions - ie. bunches of perfectly legit ratings taken down overnight and false ratings posted either intentionally or unintentionally.

While this would obviously be somewhat laborious on your side, it may not be too much to ask considering that the reputations of physicans are directly affected by what is posted on your site.

good luck

With?

With?

Couldn't agree with you more,

Couldn't agree with you more, Katherine! RateMDs revealed so much to me - it really opened my eyes about how badly others were being treated. It was not just me, and it was NOT "all in my head" -- except of course, that IS where my teeth used to be! LOL

This site actually assisted the investigators from the Alaska Dental Board! Two of the people were turned over to the Alaska Attorney General's Office, in fact.

THANK YOU!

I used Doctor Gouverne in

I used Doctor Gouverne in Corpus Christi Texas. Horrible Experience but REALSELF just has GLOWING things about this Doctor. Should be Ck'd On for sure. NO DOCTOR IS AS GREAT AS SOMEBODY IS PORTRAYING HIM TO BE!!
Really so unfair to the consumer for this to happen.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.