Cesamet and Marijuana question

Why are doctor's so quick to precribe cesamet instead of real marijuana? It is legal in Canada to prescribe medical marijuana. Cesamet is synthetic marijuana which does not work as well as the real thing. It seems strange to me. There are vaporizers so that you do not have to inhale the smoke, and marijuana works so much faster at relieving pain. It also appears that Cesamet has many more serious side effects and is also addictive.. Is it that doctors are trained only to prescribe what the pharmaceutical companies are selling? Can someone help me understand the sense behind this?

I wish I knew,Shadow,so I

I wish I knew,Shadow,so I could tell you,but I don't so the best of luck,with your answers. Have a good day. Smiling

Hi Shadow 99. Cesamet

Hi Shadow 99.

Cesamet (Nabilone) is significantly different to smoked marijuana.

Nabilone is a synthetic cannabinoid very similiar to one of the main psychoactive chemicals in Marijuana - tetrahydrocannabinol THC.

Smoke marijuana contains thousands of different chemicals, ONE of which is THC. So it doesn't make much sense as a Doc to prescribe smoke marijuana with a thousand differing 'drugs' if I can prescride THC as a single, predictable pharmaceutical agent.

All drugs have 'side-effects' and Nabilone has it's share but it isn't likely to be worse than smoke marijuana. Likely, it's better. ALL of the listed side effects with Nabilone are well recognized as effects of inhaled marijuana too.
However, smoke marijuana has a few other serious effects, particularly an increased incidence of schizophrenia and the direct effect of the smoke on your lungs. Respirologists regularly compare the effect of one marijuana joint on the lungs as being equal to about 8 or 10 regular cigarettes. Marijuana is well known to cause a form of fibrosing (scarring) lung disease as well as emphysema itself. So Peter Tosh was wrong: It's not good for de asthma Eye-wink

With regard to Nabilone, I have found the best way to use it tolerably in patients, is NOT to follow the manufacturers instructions Smiling I usually start with only 1/4mg twice daily. You have to open capsules to get this small of an amount. I then increase by 1/4mg per week. This strategy seems to significantly reduce all side effects.

Hope this info is of some help.

Anything inhaled into our

Anything inhaled into our lungs is unsafe. Contrary to public opinion, marijuana can be damaging to the lungs in the inhaled form. Doctors, I'm sure prefer to use safer alternatives when prescribing meds.

Living with severe lung

Living with severe lung disease even if I were a physician, I could not recommend in good conscience smoking a substance. Some recent studies (that I have read on-line) have suggested that inhaling marijuana is damaging to the lungs. There are safer alternatives such as the pill form of marijuana. Our lungs are precious and we should be good care takers of them.

(No subject)

Puzzled

blueskies wrote: Anything

blueskies wrote:

Anything inhaled into our lungs is unsafe. Contrary to public opinion, marijuana can be damaging to the lungs in the inhaled form. Doctors, I'm sure prefer to use safer alternatives when prescribing meds.

Are you saying that pharamaceutical drugs are "safer" than using Cesamet and Marijuana? Have you watched the Celebrex ad or any of the multi drug ads on the TV . . . where the side effects could result in death?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GvYI4VdVEI

I am certainly not being an advocate for marijuana, but it seems to me that there is a bit of fallacy to your statement. What are "safe" alternatives? From what I see, any "prescribed" drug could have an adverse reaction on any given individual. When I watch some of those ads on TV or read the "side effects" on a particular drug, I am almost afraid to take anything. Shocked

Hmmmmm . . . I was just reading that medicinal marijuana could help people with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder . . . I wonder . . . Puzzled Evil Laughing out loud

“Unlike smoked

“Unlike smoked marijuana--which contains more than 400 different chemicals, including most of the hazardous chemicals found in tobacco smoke-Marinol has been studied and approved by the medical community and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the nation's watchdog over unsafe and harmful food and drug products. Since the passage of the 1906 Pure Food and Drug Act, any drug that is marketed in the United States must undergo rigorous scientific testing. The approval process mandated by this act ensures that claims of safety and therapeutic value are supported by clinical evidence and keeps unsafe, ineffective and dangerous drugs off the market.”

“There are no FDA-approved medications that are smoked. For one thing, smoking is generally a poor way to deliver medicine. It is difficult to administer safe, regulated dosages of medicines in smoked form. Secondly, the harmful chemicals and carcinogens that are byproducts of smoking create entirely new health problems. There are four times the level of tar in a marijuana cigarette, for example, than in a tobacco cigarette.”

Source:
http://www.msviewsandrelatednews.com/blog5/index.php?itemid=306

In Canada and The US marijuana is being hailed even by many doctors as a great treatment, but some British researchers disagree. There is also a pill form, Re: Rooney’s post explaining, Cesamet(Nabilone) (and I believe Marinol(dronabinol))that he feels is significantly better. Given that a safer and lung friendly version is available, why would anyone want to harm their lungs? Our lungs tissue is delicate and deserves, TLC.

Cannabis smoke 'has more toxins'
Inhaled cannabis smoke has more harmful toxins than tobacco, scientists have discovered.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7150274.stm

'My lungs are damaged beyond repair'
By Zoe Smeaton
BBC News

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6551327.stm

I think this will fit in

I think this will fit in well with this thread. Enjoy! Smiling

http://www.cafeoflifepikespeak.com/Videos/Licensed%20To%20Pill.swf

Puzzle

Puzzle wrote: I think this

Puzzle wrote:

I think this will fit in well with this thread. Enjoy! Smiling

http://www.cafeoflifepikespeak.com/Videos/Licensed%20To%20Pill.swf

Puzzle

LOL . . . that was a great parody . . . thanks for sharing!

Puzzle that was funny!!

Puzzle that was funny!! Thank you for the laugh and the sharing!! Smiling Have a great day.

From the prescribing

From the prescribing physician's point of view they lean towards the pill because it is not inhaled so they aren't prescribing something which has some of the same adverse problems as cigarettes which they are trying to get people to stop smoking. Naturally grown marijuana which is smoked can't be standardized so there is no assurance of dosage for a given puff off a joint and that kind of thing bothers medical people. The pill is approved and easily prescribed without much hassle while marijuana, despite its being legal, has a whole host of hassles associated with it that the pill doesn't. Why that is is the so called war on drugs. The head of the WHO is against the legal prescribing of marijuana because he believes it's addictive and is a gateway drug and will lead to addiction to other illicit substances for anyone who is legally prescribed it for medicinal purposes. The powers that be in the US have the same notion about it. When you're forcing people to acquire it from drug dealers that prophesy is more likely to come to fruition.

As far as what sherry was talking about with the pot she smoked, not all pot's going to have that effect. Even I know there are many varieties and they don't all have the same side effects. Sounds like she got some "paranoid pot". Because much of the way people are able to acquire marijuana is illegal this is more likely to happen to someone than if they were able to acquire it from a legal source where the type and strength is better known and much more predictable. In California, where medicinal marijuana is legal, doctors there who do prescribe it prescribe a specific variety for a patient depending on the reason they've prescribed it in the first place and the patient fills the script at a supplier which carries that particular variety. Even though this is a much more sensible and effective and safer way to go about prescribing medicinal marijuana, the DEA has been putting pressure on closing these purveyors which are locally licensed by using the preemption of federal law to put an end to it.

(No subject)

Sad

I am on Cesamet along with

I am on Cesamet along with Zytram XL for the pain associated with Fibromylagia and arthritis because I have had some nasty reactions to a few medications that I was on. Most physicians are very reluctant to prescribe medical marijuana becaues of all the legalities involved. Also they feel that they are liable for anything going wrong and the possiblility of losing their licence to practice medicine. I asked my rheumatologist about prescribing med. marijuana for me and he said for the amount that I smoke I would be better off getting it from a dealer. Apparently our "wonderful" Canadian gov't would be watching me like a hawk.

cheers

Unfortunately, some of us do

Unfortunately, some of us do not have the luxury of using oral medications to kill pain. Oral medications must be metabolized by the liver. When one's liver is cirrhotic, medications take up to several hours to be effective.

Marijuana use enables mobility within a couple of minutes.

I smoked tobacco for 40 years before I quit a couple of years ago. I'm personally not too concerned about the marijuana in my lungs, miniscule in proportion to the tobacco usage.

As well, a vaporizer can be used to quantitatively limit the transferring of carcinogens such as tar, Naphthalene, Acenaphthylene, Phenanthrene, Acenaphthene, Fluorene, Pyrene, Anthracene, Chrysene, Benzo-pyrene, Benzanthracene, Benzo-fluoranthene, Benzo-fluoranthene, Benzoperylene, Dibenzanthrancene, pyreneFlouranthene, etc….

Ben Denomme

Ben Denomme wrote:

Unfortunately, some of us do not have the luxury of using oral medications to kill pain. Oral medications must be metabolized by the liver. When one's liver is cirrhotic, medications take up to several hours to be effective.

Marijuana use enables mobility within a couple of minutes.

I smoked tobacco for 40 years before I quit a couple of years ago. I'm personally not too concerned about the marijuana in my lungs, miniscule in proportion to the tobacco usage.

As well, a vaporizer can be used to quantitatively limit the transferring of carcinogens such as tar, Naphthalene, Acenaphthylene, Phenanthrene, Acenaphthene, Fluorene, Pyrene, Anthracene, Chrysene, Benzo-pyrene, Benzanthracene, Benzo-fluoranthene, Benzo-fluoranthene, Benzoperylene, Dibenzanthrancene, pyreneFlouranthene, etc….

Hello Ben. I had to check out your profile thinking you must be from California. Welcome to the forum.

Congratulations on quitting

Congratulations on quitting smoking death sticks!!! I smoked for 25 years and quit just over a year ago

cheers

I am on cesamet (2mg - 1mg

I am on cesamet (2mg - 1mg twice a day) and although it works to a degree for pain and it does relax me I would rather have a few hauls on a joint every few hours or eat something that has weed in it!.....and a family member who had wicked asthma found that smoking marinjuana ACTUALLY stopped him from having almost daily attacks!!!! There's more than one way to use marijuana than smoking it (Canna butter is used in baked goodies for example) and maybe a lot more physicians SHOULD encourage its use for stress, pain relief, depression, nausea.....etc......

cheers

How much Cesemet would

How much Cesemet would someone have to take to get the same effect as one joint of Marijana?

Marijuana use enables

Marijuana use enables mobility within a couple of minutes.

As well, a vaporizer can be used to quantitatively limit the transferring of carcinogens such as tar, Naphthalene, Acenaphthylene, Phenanthrene, Acenaphthene, Fluorene, Pyrene, Anthracene, Chrysene, Benzo-pyrene, Benzanthracene, Benzo-fluoranthene, Benzo-fluoranthene, Benzoperylene, Dibenzanthrancene, pyreneFlouranthene, etc….

Hello, and now my point of view, I haved smoked Marijana daily for the last 32 years. My lungs are fine and I find it does help pain. A few months back I bought a very expensive vaporizer, After a week of using it my pain was so much worse, but was relieved after picking up my glass pipe. Now I don't believe that the pain was not from not smoking but from the potent effects you get from the vaporizer. I have had pain for years but only came much worse after using the vaporizer. Also this pain was brought forth by a underlying condition, spinal cord syrinx. I only found out after using the vaporizer, having the pain,going to my DR, having a MRI. So maybe it helped in the long run.

A lot more than what I

A lot more than what I currently take. One day I took 3mg of it and I got really buzzed but not like off of weed. Also, it takes a while for the effects (the sleepiness, etc...) to kick in

cheers

Hi, I am all new to this

Hi, I am all new to this reply thing so hope I have done it right.. I have very many Medical problems and deal with pain on a daily basis. I have been trying to get medical marijuana but my specialist will not sign the papers, my family doctor has no problem with it and is open about his other patients using it. So he gave me a script for cesamet and I have no problem with it. I don’t however use it everyday. I myself think's it takes about an hour for them to hit me but when they do it’s just like I had sat outside and smoked a joint, The high I get from it will last all day. I get the munchies just as I do with smoking a joint. I would however prefer to smoke because it works faster and I do not need to be stoned all day. That’s how it works for me. I do feel that anyone suffering with pain daily as many do if they choose to smoke then they should be able to with in reason..

Hi EchoMarie,welcome to the

Hi EchoMarie,welcome to the forum. Smiling

Echo marie wrote: Hi, I am

Echo marie wrote:

Hi, I am all new to this reply thing so hope I have done it right.. I have very many Medical problems and deal with pain on a daily basis. I have been trying to get medical marijuana but my specialist will not sign the papers, my family doctor has no problem with it and is open about his other patients using it. So he gave me a script for cesamet and I have no problem with it. I don’t however use it everyday. I myself think's it takes about an hour for them to hit me but when they do it’s just like I had sat outside and smoked a joint, The high I get from it will last all day. I get the munchies just as I do with smoking a joint. I would however prefer to smoke because it works faster and I do not need to be stoned all day. That’s how it works for me. I do feel that anyone suffering with pain daily as many do if they choose to smoke then they should be able to with in reason..

True i think its what takes the pain away...your the one in pain and should know what really works for you, i wouldn't use it myself but if it helps you by all means use what works 4 you God-Bless and EchoMarie,welcome to the forums

Cesamet is one of the meds

Cesamet is one of the meds that I am on and I love it because it mellows me out and helps with my sleep sometimes. It is a great medication if used properly. I take 1mg twice a day or if I am not too bad I don't use it

I'm glad it helps you,

I'm glad it helps you, God-Bless

thanks.... I hate Oxycontin

thanks....Eye-wink I hate Oxycontin with a passion and I hope that I can get it out of my system ...I have been on it only two weeks and half the time I don't even bother with taking the oxycontion

cheers

Hi Cat,hang in there woman.

Hi Cat,hang in there woman. You have to do what you have to do. Just feel better. Smiling

I have to see my

I have to see my rheumatololgist this afternoon and I got to ask him to either give me a new painkiller that is not as strong, or I ask for Oxycontin again...that one actually works most of the time but sometimes nothing works at all.

Hope you are having a great day!

cheers

Thank you Cat,How did your

Thank you Cat,How did your appointment go?? Hang in there. Smiling

Got thru my appointment

Got thru my appointment pretty good same **** different day. I see the rheumatologist twice sometimes three times a week for trigger point injections on my neck shoulders and base of my skull and I am still on Oxycontin but this is probably gonna be the last dose of that stuff...it loops me out a bit too much...

I see a neurologist next Thursday about the twitching, shaking and convulsions. Its not happening as much as it was for a while but when it hits I can't stop what happens sometimes so I end up having to take my Cogentin. And sometimes that **** doesn't work at all either....oh well

I am seeing a Neurologist

I am seeing a Neurologist next Thursday morning....now that is fast!

crazycatlady wrote: I am

crazycatlady wrote:

I am seeing a Neurologist next Thursday morning....now that is fast!

That is fast! I hope that you get some answers . . . good luck!

Thanks I am amazed by how

Thanks I am amazed by how fast the neurologist got in contact with me. I need some answers

I agree. I think we all know

I agree. I think we all know our bodies best. Better than our doctor does. If we find something that works, why not use it? I suspect some of the reluctance has to do with pharmacutical companies not getting their share!

I was not impressed with the

I was not impressed with the neurosurgeon that I saw last Thursday. I have to go for an EEG on Dec 8. Still waiting to find out where and when I am going to get a MRI done just my head and neck. What knows....when Dr. Gawal asked me if I were depressed to which I replied I am not depressed at all (LIES) but very angry (The truth!) he just shut up and thank God Bri came with me to show the way that I was convulsing from the hop of my head almost town to my hips and then I tried to show what was going on with the rest of me. I have days where I don't feel much pain then I have some that are really bad and in the run of three days (1st Sunday night after my scope I ended up in emerg 3 times.so now I am on Ativan and cogentin on top of the other three that I have to take. I would love to be able to get some real weed instead of having take cesamet all the time. But it does help a fair bit

Cheers

shel wrote: I agree. I

shel wrote:

I agree. I think we all know our bodies best. Better than our doctor does. If we find something that works, why not use it? I suspect some of the reluctance has to do with pharmacutical companies not getting their share!

This is complete nonsense. Smoking 1 joint of marijuana is equivalent to smoking 8-10 cigarettes - thus, the risk of COPD (emphysema and chronic bronchitis), lung cancer, stroke , heart attack and bladder cancer are significantly increased compared to taking cesamet, the oral version of marijuana.

Smoking marijuana is also much more addictive than the oral cesamet, as the onset of euphoria (i.e. the "high") occurs almost immediately with the smoked form. Smoking pot only provides short periods of pain relief, and thus the patient will need to repeatedly smoke a number of joints per day to obtain sustained relief. With cesamet , a patient only needs twice a day dosing. Due to the variation of herbal marijuana it is difficult to estimate a specific dose of THC, and thus provide a specific daily dose for a patient. This is important for long term monitoring of a chronic pain patient, as a stable dose needs to ensured. If a person is increasing their dose over time, this can be indicative of subtance abuse or addiction.

Smoked marijuana usually has a fair number of side effects associated with it, including dry mouth, difficulty concentrating, paranoia, increased appetite, weight gain , illegality and possibly gynecomastia (i.e. enlarged breast tissue - in women AND MEN!). Cesamet usually has minimal side effects due to it's sustained release pharmacological profile. It is also not illegal with a prescription. The main drawback with this medication is COST if a patient does not have a drug plan.

Prescribing cesamet makes much more sense from a clinical perspective than smoked marijuana for the above reasons.

This is the first time that

This is the first time that I have been back in here in a little while and I want to let Dr. Aldridge and everyone else know that I am feeling MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER!!! I am not having any twitching or shakes in about three weeks and I think that my rheumatologist and I have come up with a pretty good combination that seems to be working.

Here's the stuff that I am on: Lyrica, Cesamet, Zytram XL, Restoral and when I start having more pain than I can deal with I get a prescription for some pain medication (IE Percocets)

My knee surgery was also in my opinion a success!!!

Cheers!

That's great news Cat!!

That's great news Cat!! Welcome back. Eye-wink

crazycatlady wrote: This

crazycatlady wrote:

This is the first time that I have been back in here in a little while and I want to let Dr. Aldridge and everyone else know that I am feeling MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER!!! I am not having any twitching or shakes in about three weeks and I think that my rheumatologist and I have come up with a pretty good combination that seems to be working.

Here's the stuff that I am on: Lyrica, Cesamet, Zytram XL, Restoral and when I start having more pain than I can deal with I get a prescription for some pain medication (IE Percocets)

My knee surgery was also in my opinion a success!!!

Cheers!

That is really good news, Cat . . . I am glad that you shared this with us. I think we need to hear uplifting news for a change!!

marijuana is something i

marijuana is something i wouldn't try i heard it helps alot but it scares me as well

I live in the home of good

I live in the home of good Marijuana; British Columbia Canada. I read lots here about how bad Marijuana is for the body and how we should take "man made marijuana" to relieve our pains... WTF?

Anything man made can build up toxins and eventually poison us, better follow the script as doing otherwise will kill you. It defiantly is not better then the whole plant. The chemicals and everything in the plant is wholly natural. You cannot OD on the plant. If you use too much natural medicine, your body expels the excess and you have a real deep healing sleep.

Marijuana does not have to be smoked to receive it's benefits. Ingested in the form of delicious food it works much better. Vaporizing it is good too. Cancer cells die when exposed to THC, every autoimmune condition is benefited by the addition of Marijuana (correctly called Cannabis) to the individual.

I started to smoke tobacco in my youth (38 years ago, i was 5), Cannabis in my teenage rebellion years (12 to shortly before turning 22). Addictive? Not!!! I quit cannabis use during my 20's (with no withdrawals) for about a decade and still smoked tobacco for many years after. In my early 30's I was Diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and realized cannabis helped that condition and restarted. I quit smoking tobacco just before my 40th birthday, Cannabis helped me overcome the withdrawals from that killer.

My doctor does not agree with me on the Cannabis issue. He refuses to sign a 'script for it and quotes all sorts of "Refer Madness" propaganda when I bring it up. He is trained in Pharmaceuticals and I think gets a kick back for prescribing drugs that do not cure me, most do not relieve the effects of MS or any other condition manifesting itself because of the MonSter.

Pills just keep me alive (not really doing any benefit) making everyone else rich and keeping this stuff illegal. Yea- Use the pills. Sure. The reason MJ is illegal is that they do not make money off the plant. They think they can play god and make an artificial plant derivative work better? WTF?

They did the same thing with Butter. Margarine was originally created to fatten up turkeys and was not certified for human consumption. Butter was being made at home "back in the day" and no one made money from it. They ran tests, found the danger to humans not all that bad, added artificial color and sold it as Better for you then butter. Hmmmmmm. Something to think about eh?

Cesamet is an anti-nausea

Cesamet is an anti-nausea drug. It is not the same as marijuana, it has only some of the properties. Doctors are playing games when they prescribe it and try to tell you that it is the same thing. Read up on it and you will understand.

Cesamet is not meant for pain relief. They just like to tell you that it will work. My wife was not impressed. It did absolutely nothing for her pain. The active ingredients for pain are not there, but it apparently does make some feel good. It is meant to be used in conjunction with chemotherapy.

BC Bud, You are an idiot.

BC Bud,

You are an idiot.

There are a number of reasons I call you an idiot. Let me begin:

1. Doctors do not get paid to write prescriptions.

2. Marijuana (excuse me, Cannabis) does NOT treat Multiple sclerosis.

I thought I'd get the first

I thought I'd get the first crack at the cat, but it seems that Chris beat me to it. I guess I'll just have to wade through this. Smiling

First, BC Bud, I am not anti-medical marijuana. I am just unconvinced about much of what I've read and been told about it.

BC Bud wrote:

I live in the home of good Marijuana; British Columbia Canada. I read lots here about how bad Marijuana is for the body and how we should take "man made marijuana" to relieve our pains... WTF?

Anything man made can build up toxins and eventually poison us, better follow the script as doing otherwise will kill you. It defiantly is not better then the whole plant. The chemicals and everything in the plant is wholly natural. You cannot OD on the plant. If you use too much natural medicine, your body expels the excess and you have a real deep healing sleep.

As well, any "natural" can poison you. The definition of poison encompasses the nature of the agent and its dose. One can OD on virtually anything, given sufficient dose. Water comes to mind as one of the sillier, yet truthful examples. Chemicals are just that, whether they are derived from a plant or a boiling beaker. There is a wonderful paralytic agent, "belladonna", an alkaloid. It's derived from the Deadly Nightshade plant. I'll bet you wouldn't want to cut that up and smoke it or eat, though I'm sure someone, somewhere would argue that it's "natural, therefore safe".

Where is it written that "If you use too much natural medicine, your body expels the excess and you have a real deep healing sleep."? Again, I refer you to my example plant, above. I will, however, concede that a "real deep healing sleep" would follow, if you consider absence of pain due to death to be healing. Smiling

BTW, are you from New York?

BC Bud wrote:

Marijuana does not have to be smoked to receive it's benefits. Ingested in the form of delicious food it works much better. Vaporizing it is good too. Cancer cells die when exposed to THC, every autoimmune condition is benefited by the addition of Marijuana (correctly called Cannabis) to the individual.

Now, this is where you begin to lose touch with reality. How would ingestion cause an increase in THC absorption over inhalation? "Every autoimmune condition" is benefited by the addition to the individual? I would love to see proof (double blinded studies, please) that even a significant number of such conditions are suppressed by marijuana.

"Marijuana" is not an incorrect term. "Cannabis", however, includes hemp. "Smoke on a rope" has a nice ring to it, eh?

(Yes, I'm Canadian, too.) Smiling

BC Bud wrote:

I started to smoke tobacco in my youth (38 years ago, i was 5), Cannabis in my teenage rebellion years (12 to shortly before turning 22). Addictive? Not!!! I quit cannabis use during my 20's (with no withdrawals) for about a decade and still smoked tobacco for many years after. In my early 30's I was Diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and realized cannabis helped that condition and restarted. I quit smoking tobacco just before my 40th birthday, Cannabis helped me overcome the withdrawals from that killer.

You are the first individual I have come across whose teenage years (rebellious or otherwise) extended to age 22. My teenage years ended with my twentieth birthday, as did my friends'. We must have gone to different high schools.

BC Bud wrote:

My doctor does not agree with me on the Cannabis issue. He refuses to sign a 'script for it and quotes all sorts of "Refer Madness" propaganda when I bring it up. He is trained in Pharmaceuticals and I think gets a kick back for prescribing drugs that do not cure me, most do not relieve the effects of MS or any other condition manifesting itself because of the MonSter.

Did you mean trained in pharmacology? Kick backs, yeah. The CRA busts the occasional physician for unlawful deduction of personal expenses as business deductions, yet they have never been able to discover this secret world of pharma kick backs. Makes one wonder why - those docs must have truly crafty accountants working for them. Even with all the prescriber information they could have by seizing documents from the pharmas, the CRA has yet to be able to prove these ill gotten gains. Do you think the federal government is in on it, too? Puzzled

BC Bud wrote:

Pills just keep me alive (not really doing any benefit) making everyone else rich and keeping this stuff illegal. Yea- Use the pills. Sure. The reason MJ is illegal is that they do not make money off the plant. They think they can play god and make an artificial plant derivative work better? WTF?

Now I can see why Chris called you an idiot. I don't like taking pills any more than the next guy, but I always looked upon their keeping me alive as a benefit. Was I wrong? Did it ever occur to you that a plant derivative might represent maximizing the best of the plant and minimizing the negative?

I thought you were from BC. You sound deceptively like a New Yorker.

BC Bud wrote:

They did the same thing with Butter. Margarine was originally created to fatten up turkeys and was not certified for human consumption. Butter was being made at home "back in the day" and no one made money from it. They ran tests, found the danger to humans not all that bad, added artificial color and sold it as Better for you then butter. Hmmmmmm. Something to think about eh?

Ah yes, the great Butter Conspiracy. Given what you wrote about, I could almost see this coming.

Hmmmmmm. What "tests"? Pure margarine has less cholesterol in it than butter, and is less detrimental to many, particularly those on cholesterol-restricted diets or having coronary artery disease. It is the hardened margarine products which possess a greater impediment to good health in people, most notably to the trans fats created when these margarine products are heated.

Do you really think that dairy farmers do not have a collective, perhaps even a lobby?

Your nonsensical statements greatly demonstrate your lack of credibility, making it difficult to accept anything you've said about medical marijuana. I hope you don't speak for Mark Emery!

Thanks for the entertainment, though! Laughing out loud

http://www.youtube.com/watch?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4Btclf3jWA

quite possibly one of the best "anti-marijuana" videos of all time.
caution it has an occasional vulgar word thrown in.

MicOnTheNorthShore

MicOnTheNorthShore wrote:

... Even with all the prescriber information they could have by seizing documents from the pharmas, the CRA has yet to be able to prove these ill gotten gains. Do you think the federal government is in on it, too? Puzzled

...

According to my 81 year old mother, the federal government is in on EVERYTHING; most notably, in collaboration with the doctors, the movement to kill off senior citizens by denying them proper healthcare, and then keeping their pensions to fund...something...I think a war. Shocked Sticking out tongue Laughing out loud

Great post Mic.

I am a chronic pain patient

I am a chronic pain patient luckily taking pain pills along with other prescription medicines for about ten years now. I have smoked a little marijuana and yes it does help my pain, also it relaxes my muscles along with making me completely stupid and when I got up the next morning I felt worse. Personably I stay away from marijuana, also I am drug tested at work and my doctors for it. I think marijuana has its place in medicine but needs to be monitored and the pill form is the best way of doing so. As far as you smoking marijuana I believe that is your business and I am not one to judge you nor anyone.

Nightsparrow Smiling

1st off....I have recently

1st off....I have recently been diagnosed with MS after a very lengthy battle with several docters who kept telling me I had chronic stress, which is another forum topic entirely, but I have also been a marijuana user for about 8 years. I have also experimented with many other illicit drugs in my mid twenties. It has been my experience that all drugs, both legal and pharmaceutical, have a vast array of benefit and detriment to both health of the body and of the mind, and every user experiences them differently. It is up to the patient to examine these effects constantly as they also change over time. ALWAYS be aware. ALL drugs are dangerous, as is anything we allow into our body.

2nd.....butter is better for you than most margerines, both hard and soft, as it is the hydrogenation process which alters the oils to a state in which the body is unable to process them and they clog the arteries much the same as cholesterol. There are a few soft margerines on the market(Becel) that are not hydrogenated, but some of them also contains palm oil, coconut oil, etc, which are not good, as well as a vast array of fillers, chemicals and preservatives. Regardless, neither should be a daily dietary staple.

Is Cesamet the same as

Is Cesamet the same as Marinol?

Mic, people besides NYers use the bad f word and the term WTF?

This is the first I've heard of the great butter conspiracy. It would make a good movie, I think. Probably a comedy.

Marijuana curing MS--now I've heard everything. I don't usually like it when people are called names on the forum--BUT spreading this sort of medical information is dangerous and foolhardy, and you certainly didn't come across as either well-informed or smart.

Do you also think teachers get kickbacks from pencil companies? Or plumbers get kickbacks from pipe companies? And who gives kickbacks to the union workers at Stella d'Oro cookies who are still on strike?

rockygirl wrote: Is

rockygirl wrote:

Is Cesamet the same as Marinol?

Mic, people besides NYers use the bad f word and the term WTF?

This is the first I've heard of the great butter conspiracy. It would make a good movie, I think. Probably a comedy.

Marijuana curing MS--now I've heard everything. I don't usually like it when people are called names on the forum--BUT spreading this sort of medical information is dangerous and foolhardy, and you certainly didn't come across as either well-informed or smart.

Do you also think teachers get kickbacks from pencil companies? Or plumbers get kickbacks from pipe companies? And who gives kickbacks to the union workers at Stella d'Oro cookies who are still on strike?

did you say spreading the butter conspiracy? Ha!

Thank-you for taking such

Thank-you for taking such time Rooney. Thought you would have elaborated on dosage accurracy. I dont know where the idea comes from using a quarter mg. I used to open the capsules and dissolve the powder in water but that made me feel like i wasn't taking it as prescribed, like a drug abuser. I have been taking Cesamet for 6 years now. I am prescribed 480 capsules a month. Three months at a time, up front. I dont take it everyday. Nor do I take a full days worth when I've taken time off. The medication benefits me a great deal for alternative use, I am not a cancer or HIV patient. I think it is wonderful stuff. I don't smoke dope, nor do I agree with it. If one is to use marijuana they should learn to make pooney butter and cook with it. God didn't make it to be smoked. The devil did that. Caution should be taken when prescribing cesamet. No matter how much dope they smoke everyday, Cesamet hits you pretty much all together different and lasts 24 hours. Six mg., is the maximum allowable daily dose. I picked that up at the pharmacy daily for two years. Used to see my doctor every ten days. Also attended cognitive therapy 3-5 times a week for those first two years. If you can get the daily pharmacy and daily (M-F), cognitive therapy under the same roof or in close proximity to one another, you can have an attendance sheet signed. I get quarterly attendendance letters/records. Have recently heard rumours others are taking cesamet for alternative uses but nothing as substantial as myself. I in fact keep my prescription professional and on a need to know basis and am glad I have always kept it this way as i get tired of the cesamet conversation and hurdles. Have a nice day. Duane

The anti-CANNABIS concerns

The anti-CANNABIS concerns on this page are really quite misinformed. Cannabis has many positive actions on the body and has been proven to alleviate pain, reduce cancerous cells, dilate blood vessels (lower blood pressure, reduced cancer threat, increased blood and oxygen flow, increased immune response, lowered gout threat), and reduce the risk of alzheimers.
When it comes to MS you should read this posting. It is old knowledge - but not what the conservative and pharmaceutical interests want to have known.
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn6387-cannabis-truly-helps-multiple-sclerosis-sufferers.html

Anecdotal evidence leaves the realm of anecdotal and become empirical when it has been reported for thousands of years.
following quotes come from
http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/mj019.htm THE HISTORY OF CANNABIS

" The first evidence for medicinal use of cannabis is an herbal published during the reign of the Chinese emperor Chen Nung five thousand years ago.

Cannabis was recommended for malaria, constipation, rheumatic pains, absentmindedness, and female disorders. Another Chinese herbal recommended a mixture of hemp, resin, and wine as an analgesic during surgery. "...
" During its heyday, from 1840 to 1900, more than one hundred papers were published in the Western medical literature recommending it for various illnesses and discomforts (2).

It could almost be said that physicians of a century ago knew more about cannabis than contemporary physicians do; certainly they were more interested in exploring its therapeutic potential. "

You should read the page to get the whole information.

And then in 1937 a strange thing happened with this herbal product..
A man named Anslinger came up with these reasons to get rid of Cannabis.

Harry J. Anslinger quotes:
--...the primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races.
There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz and swing, result from marijuana usage. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers and any others.
Marijuana is an addictive drug which produces in its users insanity, criminality, and death.
-Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men.
-Marihuana leads to pacifism and communist brainwashing.
-Marijuana is the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind.
-You smoke a joint and you're likely to kill your brother.

We've already heard from someone on this forum that smoking is satan's way. It's pretty obvious that things haven't changed for the prohibitionists. They have their religious reasons to deny things. You can't smoke it, but go ahead and eat it. Just sayin. It's pretty funny when Satan is the reason to NOT do something. I don't do something because GOD told me NOT to do it. If you have an open dialogue with SATAN perhaps you should reconsider your friends.

In response to the schizophrenic assumption. The fact that there is a minor increase in the number of cannabis users among schizophrenics is the most common epidemiological evidence used to support this hypothesis. Chronic tobacco use among the same group is in the 80 percentile. It is more probable, by usage rates, that tobacco is responsible for causing schizophrenia.
This is a ludicrous statement, but no less so than saying cannabis causes the disease. It is well accepted that, like a traumatic event, loss of job, social problems, cannabis can trigger a schizophrenic episode. Awareness to this predisposition is the most important issue.

So, Cannabis is good for MS, is a drug used widely in history and has NEVER been shown to kill someone.

Opioid (the second pharmaceutical line of pain management after NSAIDS) dependency has been recognised as a problem in the United States since the end of the nineteenth century.

Clinical manual of addiction psychopharmacology
By Henry R. Kranzler, Domenic A. Ciraulo

http://books.google.ca/books?id=TYddW0uzIRsC&pg=PA92&lpg=PA92&dq=opioids+and+schizophrenia&source=bl&ots=0xqV-02bPR&sig=3MT5iYv_beXSltPDsQVJD7ELivg&hl=en&ei=z0-YSrOTG47IMM6V8bcF&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1#v=onepage&q=opioids%20and%20schizophrenia&f=false

We look back at slavery and apartheid and prohibition of alcohol all as wrong, and are glad to be free of these laws. When you hear what Anslinger, the head of the Narcotics bureau, had to say and what his reasoning was for prohibition in 1937 don't you automatically question the so called facts of his followers? Those who deny the benefits which have been sung in medical journals, among users, and from many different governments for well over 5000 years. And in those 5000 years no one has been physically dependent. No one has overdosed and died.
Because Cannabis IS a variable intake rate due to quality variations, the pharmaceuticals don't want anyone to use it. I always was pleased to smoke two joints to smoke two joints and then I smoked two more. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIEvHCyb4Ms
Oh, and what's my pain you say?? Well I have osteo arthritis at 32. I have broken in excess of thirty bones, two major trauma accidents. Spinal and neck injury, sep. ribs, shattered pat., impact spiral fract. l Hum., left shoul. disl., migraines, non-stop ringing in my ears, broken l toe, chipped shin. This is not the list of all my symptoms, just the EVERY SINGLE day ones. I drank every day for over six years dealing with the pain the wrong way. Before that I smoked weed every day. Over a year ago I quit. Since then I have been able to work a max of 3 days/week due to pain. I am worried about renal damage and obviously have dependency issues. It took me three years to quit drinking, but I dropped the Cannabis without a second thought. It is illegal for me to use Cannabis so I am adhering to the law. My GP won't support my educated choice for cannabis. I know how it works and all of the risks involved. I also know I will eventually be killing myself with opioids in order to have a quality of life. I would like to put that off as long as possible.
Cannabis gives me that chance.
These unjust laws and misinformers, such as found here, only serve to slow the process of public acceptance and cause me more pain.

And as to the pills.
It is well documented that doctors and pill makers are in bed together. It is doctors who get the research grants. It is doctors who see certain meds into their HMO plans. It is Doctors who attend luxurious seminars about these pills. It is the pill makers who come directly to the doctor offices regularly leaving free samples. How many people go in for depression and come out with some pills. Free out of the doctor's cabinet. First one's free. Just like a crack dealer.
If it works eh. So that's why pills and not whole plants.

I have been recently

I have been recently diagnose with MS in Jan/09 and the doctor's and neurologist's have put me on all these pain meds. to many to name off, nothing works but a friend gave me a joint and the pain went away... so I'm all for cannabis for medical use. But it so hard to find a doctor to sign the papers to get the medic cannabis licence.. all said they say they don't do it... why is it legal in Canada for medical cannabis if it so hard to get the licence.. my pain is unbearable that some days I can't even get out of bed, other days I can't do my daily things I need to do.. but when I smoke a joint my muscles are looser, my clonist clams down, my mood is better because I'm not in pain, my head not pounding and I can do my daily things I need to do. who do I talk to to get my licence to use medical cannabis.. 1 of my neurologist's said if it work use it but don't get caught...WTF if he all for it then why can't he sign the papers this is B.S. another wrote a book even in his book it says that smoking cannabis works for MS patients for pain and smoking it is better then the pill form, I asked him he said the same thing he can't sign the papers.. so how do I go about getting this licence... I'm at a dead stop except doing the illegal way which I don't want to do. If anyone has any info. on how I go about getting this licence... Please help..

reptilesrus wrote: I have

reptilesrus wrote:

I have been recently diagnose with MS in Jan/09 and the doctor's and neurologist's have put me on all these pain meds. to many to name off, nothing works but a friend gave me a joint and the pain went away... so I'm all for cannabis for medical use. But it so hard to find a doctor to sign the papers to get the medic cannabis licence.. all said they say they don't do it... why is it legal in Canada for medical cannabis if it so hard to get the licence.. my pain is unbearable that some days I can't even get out of bed, other days I can't do my daily things I need to do.. but when I smoke a joint my muscles are looser, my clonist clams down, my mood is better because I'm not in pain, my head not pounding and I can do my daily things I need to do. who do I talk to to get my licence to use medical cannabis.. 1 of my neurologist's said if it work use it but don't get caught...WTF if he all for it then why can't he sign the papers this is B.S. another wrote a book even in his book it says that smoking cannabis works for MS patients for pain and smoking it is better then the pill form, I asked him he said the same thing he can't sign the papers.. so how do I go about getting this licence... I'm at a dead stop except doing the illegal way which I don't want to do. If anyone has any info. on how I go about getting this licence... Please help..

I wouldn't go so far as to say that marijuana for medical purposes is "legal" in Canada. Simply, the federal government has allowed a limited number of licenses to be issued on a patient basis to physicians, exempting them from criminal prosecution.

It still requires paperwork by the physician to "make a case" for it, and perhaps some or many physicians do not relish the thought of becoming known as MMJ prescribers, given that the issue is still contentious in some circles. You may be able to find the name of a doc in your area through some MMJ patient groups.

Well you can still drink

Well you can still drink yourself blind, so you have that going for you.

Dr. Le Ray Le Ray, in Canada is available for a consult, let me know if you need his corner.

Damn silly that this should even be an issue.
What works, works........

blake2go wrote: "...Dr. Le

blake2go wrote:

"...Dr. Le Ray Le Ray, in Canada..."

Pretend for a moment that this comment is on another thread, about another subject, etc.

The juxtaposition...Very clever!

chrisaldridge wrote: shel

chrisaldridge wrote:
shel wrote:

I agree. I think we all know our bodies best. Better than our doctor does. If we find something that works, why not use it? I suspect some of the reluctance has to do with pharmacutical companies not getting their share!

This is complete nonsense. Smoking 1 joint of marijuana is equivalent to smoking 8-10 cigarettes - thus, the risk of COPD (emphysema and chronic bronchitis), lung cancer, stroke , heart attack and bladder cancer are significantly increased compared to taking cesamet, the oral version of marijuana.

Smoking marijuana is also much more addictive than the oral cesamet, as the onset of euphoria (i.e. the "high") occurs almost immediately with the smoked form. Smoking pot only provides short periods of pain relief, and thus the patient will need to repeatedly smoke a number of joints per day to obtain sustained relief. With cesamet , a patient only needs twice a day dosing. Due to the variation of herbal marijuana it is difficult to estimate a specific dose of THC, and thus provide a specific daily dose for a patient. This is important for long term monitoring of a chronic pain patient, as a stable dose needs to ensured. If a person is increasing their dose over time, this can be indicative of subtance abuse or addiction.

Smoked marijuana usually has a fair number of side effects associated with it, including dry mouth, difficulty concentrating, paranoia, increased appetite, weight gain , illegality and possibly gynecomastia (i.e. enlarged breast tissue - in women AND MEN!). Cesamet usually has minimal side effects due to it's sustained release pharmacological profile. It is also not illegal with a prescription. The main drawback with this medication is COST if a patient does not have a drug plan.

Prescribing cesamet makes much more sense from a clinical perspective than smoked marijuana for the above reasons.

I love it, this is rich, smoked a lot of the "chronic" have you Chris?

Unless something has radically changed, we are ALL going to, get old, get sick and die.
You have failed to factor in the the HAPPINESS/ SUFFERING ratio.

I have found a couple of puffs, will offset pain very nicely, a doobie a day, will keep the doctor away.

This link will provide you

This link will provide you to the largest study done by Dr. Tashkin who fully expected to find deleterious effects of cannabis smoking however his data proved the contrary will upholding the negative effects of tobacco on the lungs.

http://www.alternet.org/story/142271/

Hey Shadow- To answer your

Hey Shadow- To answer your question, vaporizers also contain the same carcinogens that regular Mary Jane smoke would have, albeit in much lower dosages, but present none the less. Your MD is just being proactive my prescribing cesamet (assuming it's for you) The side effects of cesamet are much lower and much less harmful than any sort of combustible smoke. Marijuana is an excellent treatment for various disease's and maladies, and although smoking marijuana gives the greater psychoactive effect,the medicinal effect ,mainly of the THC is diminished considerably by the combustion. And to answer your other question regarding the pharma. companies- no not all doctors are in cahoots with the companies,(although some are). I hope I've been able to help you. Good luck

Here Dr. Gregg,have a great

Here Dr. Gregg,have a great day. Thank you for posting. Smiling

These questions drive me

These questions drive me crazy. People just write what they believe to be true even though there going by experience not facts. Yes most doctors are in good mind just tring to help and stick to their oath. This is why they are so quick on Cesamet instead of traditional marijuana. Unlike marijuana cesamet is approved by the fda even though it is far more dangerous than traditional marijuana because of the presance of thc without cannabinoids. Studies have shown its what counters the thc to make it mentely safer. There is a much greater chance of intesifing conditions such as pychosis and schizophrenia with out cannabinoids according to studies performed in europe and in some universities in the US. There is a lot about cannibus people dont know like how long term marijuana use can help prevent cancer even in the lungs, not cause it. The pysical properties of marijuana smoke are not the same as cigerettes and do not cause cancer. So you see doctors dont hear this because it is not spread to protect pharmacutical companies as well as over the counter drug companies because with its wide array of medical uses they could loose lots of money. This is mainly because it is so easy to just grown by any one there is not much money for them in leagalizing it because everyone could grow it. Cannibis and pot was once the United States main cash crop. Hemp which you caint get high off of, you caint grow in the US. Strictly because it would put the lumber companies out of business. Powerful and wealthy people are scared as a revolution is beggining because people are catching on finaly. We cut millions of trees down just to make paper but paper can be made from hemp why do we protect the rich people who cut down trees and jack up prices just because there is no other product. Hemp whould save the rainforest create stronger twine and save us money in the long run. Movies such as the union are now finaly having the balls to call the government out but ive never heard an answer. They just keep putting out more anti-pot commercials but ill let you in on a little secret. Smoking weed wont make you forget your brother at an amusement park or make you un motivated you do that to your self these are all fear campaigns from people who either dont know any better of have somthing to gain from keeping weed illegal I can go on all day about studies that came out inconclusive and the government sent out into the media saying that weed will make you crazy or stupid or lazy. Well i pass out every time after i eat turkey because im tired is that going to ruin my life and make me not want to finish my collage work, i dont think so. And the best part is if you really look into it recent scietists and even a professor at harvard are on weeds side. Studies have proven all of what the government says is bad about weed isint true so all thats left thats bad about weed is stareo-types. And if you want to me to come up with something to make you realize what i mean because your to stupid to understand, saying pot will make you stupid or un motivated is like saying since your black youll rob me or since your asian you must be smart and i no some dumb asians and ive never been robbed by any of the black people around me or that i hang out with so why should i listen to sterotypes about weed when ive been smoking since i was 13 and im getting my computer support specialist degree and getting A+ certified bucause it was something i wanted to learn and not even follow up on a career because than im going to get my masters in computer science Does That Sound Unmotivated To You? I hope people atually read this because if you ask me weed is an american legacy that needs to be restored in this desperate time and taxed to save our economy and i hope some readers take this into their own hands and spread the word. People deserve to know the truth because how can a decision be made if people dont know why it should be made.

ssb173 wrote: These

ssb173 wrote:

These questions drive me crazy. People just write what they believe to be true even though there going by experience not facts. Yes most doctors are in good mind just tring to help and stick to their oath. This is why they are so quick on Cesamet instead of traditional marijuana. Unlike marijuana cesamet is approved by the fda even though it is far more dangerous than traditional marijuana because of the presance of thc without cannabinoids. Studies have shown its what counters the thc to make it mentely safer. There is a much greater chance of intesifing conditions such as pychosis and schizophrenia with out cannabinoids according to studies performed in europe and in some universities in the US. There is a lot about cannibus people dont know like how long term marijuana use can help prevent cancer even in the lungs, not cause it. The pysical properties of marijuana smoke are not the same as cigerettes and do not cause cancer. So you see doctors dont hear this because it is not spread to protect pharmacutical companies as well as over the counter drug companies because with its wide array of medical uses they could loose lots of money. This is mainly because it is so easy to just grown by any one there is not much money for them in leagalizing it because everyone could grow it. Cannibis and pot was once the United States main cash crop. Hemp which you caint get high off of, you caint grow in the US. Strictly because it would put the lumber companies out of business. Powerful and wealthy people are scared as a revolution is beggining because people are catching on finaly. We cut millions of trees down just to make paper but paper can be made from hemp why do we protect the rich people who cut down trees and jack up prices just because there is no other product. Hemp whould save the rainforest create stronger twine and save us money in the long run. Movies such as the union are now finaly having the balls to call the government out but ive never heard an answer. They just keep putting out more anti-pot commercials but ill let you in on a little secret. Smoking weed wont make you forget your brother at an amusement park or make you un motivated you do that to your self these are all fear campaigns from people who either dont know any better of have somthing to gain from keeping weed illegal I can go on all day about studies that came out inconclusive and the government sent out into the media saying that weed will make you crazy or stupid or lazy. Well i pass out every time after i eat turkey because im tired is that going to ruin my life and make me not want to finish my collage work, i dont think so. And the best part is if you really look into it recent scietists and even a professor at harvard are on weeds side. Studies have proven all of what the government says is bad about weed isint true so all thats left thats bad about weed is stareo-types. And if you want to me to come up with something to make you realize what i mean because your to stupid to understand, saying pot will make you stupid or un motivated is like saying since your black youll rob me or since your asian you must be smart and i no some dumb asians and ive never been robbed by any of the black people around me or that i hang out with so why should i listen to sterotypes about weed when ive been smoking since i was 13 and im getting my computer support specialist degree and getting A+ certified bucause it was something i wanted to learn and not even follow up on a career because than im going to get my masters in computer science Does That Sound Unmotivated To You? I hope people atually read this because if you ask me weed is an american legacy that needs to be restored in this desperate time and taxed to save our economy and i hope some readers take this into their own hands and spread the word. People deserve to know the truth because how can a decision be made if people dont know why it should be made.

Thanks for the A+ certified information.

Your logic is a "little" faulty, though. Where to begin?

chrisaldridge wrote: Thanks

chrisaldridge wrote:

Thanks for the A+ certified information.

Your logic is a "little" faulty, though. Where to begin?

I'd begin with the new research showing that smoking pot leads to an increase in the likelihood of becoming psychotic...

island-doc

island-doc wrote:
chrisaldridge wrote:

Thanks for the A+ certified information.

Your logic is a "little" faulty, though. Where to begin?

I'd begin with the new research showing that smoking pot leads to an increase in the likelihood of becoming psychotic...

Ummm....you do realize this thread was started in 2007, right? And that its laid dormant since 2009....

Katherine wrote: island-doc

Katherine wrote:
island-doc wrote:
chrisaldridge wrote:

Thanks for the A+ certified information.

Your logic is a "little" faulty, though. Where to begin?

I'd begin with the new research showing that smoking pot leads to an increase in the likelihood of becoming psychotic...

Ummm....you do realize this thread was started in 2007, right? And that its laid dormant since 2009....

Boredom...leads to aimless wandering of RateMds. Laughing out loud

Hey it was still on the front

Hey it was still on the front page.

What does THAT say about the endless repitition of the same topics over and over and over instead of starting new discussions around here?

Laughing out loud

island-doc wrote: Hey it was

island-doc wrote:

Hey it was still on the front page.

What does THAT say about the endless repitition of the same topics over and over and over instead of starting new discussions around here?

Laughing out loud

It wasn't on the front page. If I remember correctly, someone was spamming the forum and pulled up this thread to put a link to an ad. The spam comment got deleted, but the thread stayed up on top.

*sigh*

But, I'm sure you'll find a way so that you come out looking correct.

abusedemotionally

abusedemotionally wrote:
island-doc wrote:

Hey it was still on the front page.

What does THAT say about the endless repitition of the same topics over and over and over instead of starting new discussions around here?

Laughing out loud

It wasn't on the front page. If I remember correctly, someone was spamming the forum and pulled up this thread to put a link to an ad. The spam comment got deleted, but the thread stayed up on top.

*sigh*

But, I'm sure you'll find a way so that you come out looking correct.

Jawdropping! Are you saying that he's not always? Laughing out loud

Daenerys

Daenerys wrote:
abusedemotionally wrote:
island-doc wrote:

Hey it was still on the front page.

What does THAT say about the endless repitition of the same topics over and over and over instead of starting new discussions around here?

Laughing out loud

It wasn't on the front page. If I remember correctly, someone was spamming the forum and pulled up this thread to put a link to an ad. The spam comment got deleted, but the thread stayed up on top.

*sigh*

But, I'm sure you'll find a way so that you come out looking correct.

Jawdropping! Are you saying that he's not always? Laughing out loud

I'd rather hear your take on this. Big smile Eye-wink

abusedemotionally wrote: I'd

abusedemotionally wrote:

I'd rather hear your take on this. Big smile Eye-wink

Everything I've read so far has been in fits and starts so, I don't feel equipped to render an opinion.
But I love the humour he displayed in his most recent thread about needing only one thread on RateMds. Laughing out loud

Daenerys

Daenerys wrote:
abusedemotionally wrote:

I'd rather hear your take on this. Big smile Eye-wink

Everything I've read so far has been in fits and starts so, I don't feel equipped to render an opinion.
But I love the humour he displayed in his most recent thread about needing only one thread on RateMds. Laughing out loud

I got a chuckle out of it myself. Laughing out loud

But since you have been an irregular regular, you got missed! I wonder how he would have portrayed you??

abusedemotionally

abusedemotionally wrote:
Daenerys wrote:
abusedemotionally wrote:

I'd rather hear your take on this. Big smile Eye-wink

Everything I've read so far has been in fits and starts so, I don't feel equipped to render an opinion.
But I love the humour he displayed in his most recent thread about needing only one thread on RateMds. Laughing out loud

I got a chuckle out of it myself. Laughing out loud

But since you have been an irregular regular, you got missed! I wonder how he would have portrayed you??

I did think about that, but I don't think he could have portrayed me as anything but a voice of reason. Laughing out loud I'm not really a regular though. Eye-wink

Daenerys

Daenerys wrote:
abusedemotionally wrote:
Daenerys wrote:
abusedemotionally wrote:

I'd rather hear your take on this. Big smile Eye-wink

Everything I've read so far has been in fits and starts so, I don't feel equipped to render an opinion.
But I love the humour he displayed in his most recent thread about needing only one thread on RateMds. Laughing out loud

I got a chuckle out of it myself. Laughing out loud

But since you have been an irregular regular, you got missed! I wonder how he would have portrayed you??

I did think about that, but I don't think he could have portrayed me as anything but a voice of reason. Laughing out loud I'm not really a regular though. Eye-wink

I think you're kidding yourself . . . on both counts. Sticking out tongue Evil Eye-wink

Daenerys wrote: I don't

Daenerys wrote:

I don't think he could have portrayed me as anything but a voice of reason. Laughing out loud

Oups

abusedemotionally

abusedemotionally wrote:
island-doc wrote:

Hey it was still on the front page.

What does THAT say about the endless repitition of the same topics over and over and over instead of starting new discussions around here?

Laughing out loud

It wasn't on the front page. If I remember correctly, someone was spamming the forum and pulled up this thread to put a link to an ad. The spam comment got deleted, but the thread stayed up on top.

*sigh*

But, I'm sure you'll find a way so that you come out looking correct.

It's not too difficult when you yourself admit in your own post that "the thread stayed up on top".

But you'll probably deny posting that...

island-doc

island-doc wrote:
abusedemotionally wrote:
island-doc wrote:

Hey it was still on the front page.

What does THAT say about the endless repitition of the same topics over and over and over instead of starting new discussions around here?

Laughing out loud

It wasn't on the front page. If I remember correctly, someone was spamming the forum and pulled up this thread to put a link to an ad. The spam comment got deleted, but the thread stayed up on top.

*sigh*

But, I'm sure you'll find a way so that you come out looking correct.

It's not too difficult when you yourself admit in your own post that "the thread stayed up on top".

But you'll probably deny posting that...

Gee you're good. Laughing out loud

You definitely missed your calling . . . I am sure that the College would love to have you onboard. Puzzled Shocked Eye-wink

abusedemotionally

abusedemotionally wrote:
island-doc wrote:
abusedemotionally wrote:
island-doc wrote:

Hey it was still on the front page.

What does THAT say about the endless repitition of the same topics over and over and over instead of starting new discussions around here?

Laughing out loud

It wasn't on the front page. If I remember correctly, someone was spamming the forum and pulled up this thread to put a link to an ad. The spam comment got deleted, but the thread stayed up on top.

*sigh*

But, I'm sure you'll find a way so that you come out looking correct.

It's not too difficult when you yourself admit in your own post that "the thread stayed up on top".

But you'll probably deny posting that...

Gee you're good. Laughing out loud

You definitely missed your calling . . . I am sure that the College would love to have you onboard. Puzzled Shocked Eye-wink

They probably do AE. Stare

wishandaprayer

wishandaprayer wrote:
abusedemotionally wrote:
island-doc wrote:
abusedemotionally wrote:
island-doc wrote:

Hey it was still on the front page.

What does THAT say about the endless repitition of the same topics over and over and over instead of starting new discussions around here?

Laughing out loud

It wasn't on the front page. If I remember correctly, someone was spamming the forum and pulled up this thread to put a link to an ad. The spam comment got deleted, but the thread stayed up on top.

*sigh*

But, I'm sure you'll find a way so that you come out looking correct.

It's not too difficult when you yourself admit in your own post that "the thread stayed up on top".

But you'll probably deny posting that...

Gee you're good. Laughing out loud

You definitely missed your calling . . . I am sure that the College would love to have you onboard. Puzzled Shocked Eye-wink

They probably do AE. Stare

It does sound that way, doesn't it?? Puzzled

ssb173 wrote: These questions

ssb173 wrote:

These questions drive me crazy. People just write what they believe to be true even though there going by experience not facts. Yes most doctors are in good mind just tring to help and stick to their oath. This is why they are so quick on Cesamet instead of traditional marijuana. Unlike marijuana cesamet is approved by the fda even though it is far more dangerous than traditional marijuana because of the presance of thc without cannabinoids. Studies have shown its what counters the thc to make it mentely safer. There is a much greater chance of intesifing conditions such as pychosis and schizophrenia with out cannabinoids according to studies performed in europe and in some universities in the US. There is a lot about cannibus people dont know like how long term marijuana use can help prevent cancer even in the lungs, not cause it. The pysical properties of marijuana smoke are not the same as cigerettes and do not cause cancer. So you see doctors dont hear this because it is not spread to protect pharmacutical companies as well as over the counter drug companies because with its wide array of medical uses they could loose lots of money. This is mainly because it is so easy to just grown by any one there is not much money for them in leagalizing it because everyone could grow it. Cannibis and pot was once the United States main cash crop. Hemp which you caint get high off of, you caint grow in the US. Strictly because it would put the lumber companies out of business. Powerful and wealthy people are scared as a revolution is beggining because people are catching on finaly. We cut millions of trees down just to make paper but paper can be made from hemp why do we protect the rich people who cut down trees and jack up prices just because there is no other product. Hemp whould save the rainforest create stronger twine and save us money in the long run. Movies such as the union are now finaly having the balls to call the government out but ive never heard an answer. They just keep putting out more anti-pot commercials but ill let you in on a little secret. Smoking weed wont make you forget your brother at an amusement park or make you un motivated you do that to your self these are all fear campaigns from people who either dont know any better of have somthing to gain from keeping weed illegal I can go on all day about studies that came out inconclusive and the government sent out into the media saying that weed will make you crazy or stupid or lazy. Well i pass out every time after i eat turkey because im tired is that going to ruin my life and make me not want to finish my collage work, i dont think so. And the best part is if you really look into it recent scietists and even a professor at harvard are on weeds side. Studies have proven all of what the government says is bad about weed isint true so all thats left thats bad about weed is stareo-types. And if you want to me to come up with something to make you realize what i mean because your to stupid to understand, saying pot will make you stupid or un motivated is like saying since your black youll rob me or since your asian you must be smart and i no some dumb asians and ive never been robbed by any of the black people around me or that i hang out with so why should i listen to sterotypes about weed when ive been smoking since i was 13 and im getting my computer support specialist degree and getting A+ certified bucause it was something i wanted to learn and not even follow up on a career because than im going to get my masters in computer science Does That Sound Unmotivated To You? I hope people atually read this because if you ask me weed is an american legacy that needs to be restored in this desperate time and taxed to save our economy and i hope some readers take this into their own hands and spread the word. People deserve to know the truth because how can a decision be made if people dont know why it should be made.

This type of post leaves me at a loss for words (although the above genius does not seem to have that problem).

What to say when confronted with such an elegant, profound (and not to mention gramatically correct) THC argument? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uSeuYyPDBQ

I mean, seriously, you know this dude ssb173 is living in his parents basement somewhere pounding out his marijuana theories waiting for his mom to make him his meatloaf.

"Mom, the meatloaf! ****!" : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bMs04JK0BQ&feature=related

chrisaldridge wrote: This

chrisaldridge wrote:

This type of post leaves me at a loss for words (although the above genius does not seem to have that problem).

What to say when confronted with such an elegant, profound (and not to mention gramatically correct) THC argument? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uSeuYyPDBQ

I mean, seriously, you know this dude ssb173 is living in his parents basement somewhere pounding out his marijuana theories waiting for his mom to make him his meatloaf.

"Mom, the meatloaf! ****!" : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bMs04JK0BQ&feature=related

Shocked
You always seem to find such appropriately funny clips when making your points.

Marijuana is NOT addictive

Marijuana is NOT addictive and there is plenty of research which proves this. Opiod pain medications are addictive and kill thousands of people a year. Marijuana doesn't. I agree about smoking but I have taken Cesamet and it did nothing but make me sick. It is NOT marijuana, it is synthetic and that is a huge difference.

My husband's

My husband's Gastroenterologist flat out told him that the Ontario Medical Association issued a stern directive to all doctors in the province to NOT prescribe Cannabis in any form (synthetic or real) or sign MMRA forms for anyone regardless of their condition or need. They feel there are too many loop holes with the law and all the liability rests with the doctors so they believe doctors should not deal with the issue until the government creates laws that make sense. That's from a top Gastro at St. Michael's in Toronto so take that to mean what you want.

Most compassion clubs now have doctors available to sign MMRA forms if you can provide medical documentation of your illness and pay the fee. The lowest fee I have seen is around $200 but it can go well over $500. Of course, Health Canada investigates doctors who sign multiple forms and tries to suspend their licenses, or at least they have with the doctors we have interacted with. There is a place out in BC that can arrange everything over Skype but they proved to be a complete pain and did not really know what they were doing. Bypass your doctors if they will not help and check with a local club for a doctor.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.