Jewish Women

Three men - a Protestant, a Catholic, and a Jew - were boasting about how each was the king of the castle at home. They agreed to put it to the test, to see who was really telling the truth.

A week later they met. The Protestant told the others: "When I got home I let my wife know who's the boss. I told her I expected a full three-course hot dinner waiting for me every night when I got home from work. She did exactly as I asked of her from the very first day."

The Catholic man: "I told my wife what I wanted for supper each night and she did exactly as I told her, right from the beginning."

The Jewish man: "I told my wife exactly what I wanted and how I wanted it served each day of the week. The first day I saw nothing. The second day I saw nothing. The third day I started seeing a bit out of my left eye."

Ha Twain. Your joke reminded

Ha Twain. Your joke reminded me of this:
enjoy....The Man Song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Y0I91rubg

Hi D & Twain, Thanks for the

Hi D & Twain,
Thanks for the laughs!!
Impatient

Twain,I was curious about

Twain,I was curious about something,and please don't get upset, if you don't want to answer that's okay too. Why did you get offended about Naly's joke,but you post religion jokes? I don't care that you post them,because I claim no religion,but I do know it may upset some that may be of that religion. I am God religion though. Smiling

Msdoodle wrote:Twain,I was

Msdoodle wrote:

Twain,I was curious about something,and please don't get upset, if you don't want to answer that's okay too. Why did you get offended about Naly's joke,but you post religion jokes? I don't care that you post them,because I claim no religion,but I do know it may upset some that may be of that religion. I am God religion though. Smiling

Doodle, is this what you were referring to?

-----------------------

>>>Naly wrote:

there was a plane with 4 passangers, one greek, one armenian, one Turkish and his 10 year old son...

suddenly pilot makes an announcement, gentlemen we have a technical problem and I urge to take the three parachutes which we have and jump to save at least 3 of your lives...

the armenian says, well I am from california and I will be the next governor and I cannot die, so he takes one parachute and jumps...

then the greek guy, says, I have a large fleet of ships and I am very smart so I shouldnot die and he takes one of the bags and jumps...

then the Turkish father says, sonny I am old you have to live and grow older, please take the last parachute and save yourself...

the 10 year old turkish boys says, daddy dont worry we can jump together since we still have two parachutes ...!
father says how comes son there was only three??

the kid says, the very smart greek guy took my school backpack and he jumped dad...!

>>>Twain wrote:

Naly, my Greek friends would not appreciate that one. Neither do I. (I heard it with George Bush - not too many people would be distubed about that version.)

------------------------------

If this was the one you were referring to, I don't like it when a group of people are portrayed as being stupid.

On the other hand, I don't mind a joke that shows that each group does have certain characteristics, but not that one is better than the other:

Definition of Heaven: The French are the cooks, the Germans are the engineers, and the English are the police.
Definition of Hell: The Germans are the police, the French are the engineers, and the English are the cooks.

Oh my. I got pulled into

Oh my. I got pulled into something I didn't know about. I took that joke differently than some here. Fill the blanks in with my race, nationality or religion. I'm ok with it because I'm proud of who I am.

Twain said. I don't like it

Twain said. I don't like it when a group of people are portrayed as being stupid.
--------------------------------------------------

Submitted by Twain on Thu, 11/01/2007 - 22:47.

I was feeling a bit depressed the other day, so I called the "Mental Health Hotline".

The call went through to a 'call center' in Pakistan.

I explained that I was feeling suicidal.

They were very excited at this news and wanted to know if I could drive a truck or fly a airplane....

-------------------------------------------------

Ummmm, but you don't mind portraying an entire group as being fanatics and terrorists.

RAVEN1 wrote: Twain said. I

RAVEN1 wrote:

Twain said. I don't like it when a group of people are portrayed as being stupid.
--------------------------------------------------

Submitted by Twain on Thu, 11/01/2007 - 22:47.

I was feeling a bit depressed the other day, so I called the "Mental Health Hotline".

The call went through to a 'call center' in Pakistan.

I explained that I was feeling suicidal.

They were very excited at this news and wanted to know if I could drive a truck or fly a airplane....

-------------------------------------------------

Ummmm, but you don't mind portraying an entire group as being fanatics and terrorists.

Ouch!!

Hi Impatient, I think Twain

Hi Impatient, I think Twain gave you a blow too when you wrote something you didn't really mean in a certain way. You tried to explain yourself. He's as guilty as the rest of us.

RAVEN1 wrote: Ummmm, but you

RAVEN1 wrote:

Ummmm, but you don't mind portraying an entire group as being fanatics and terrorists.

Fanatic, but not stupid.

So how long was it before

So how long was it before the husband could see well enough to read the catering bills, Nu?

JaneQPatient wrote:So how

JaneQPatient wrote:

So how long was it before the husband could see well enough to read the catering bills, Nu?

HaHaHa.

Twain wrote:RAVEN1

Twain wrote:
RAVEN1 wrote:

Ummmm, but you don't mind portraying an entire group as being fanatics and terrorists.

Fanatic, but not stupid.

We all fall from grace somewhere I suppose. To be honest Twain, your joke *did* bother me, hence the 'oh dear and jawdrop'. Actually, it just seemed so out of place coming from you.
It may be that jokes about certain groups of people which target certain characteristics of that group, and which are *recognized* BY that group as humorous, are benign. Certain other groups would view these broad strokes as harmful. Considering the political atmosphere and recent events, that joke does harm.
...OTOH, I've been known to be too sensitive sometimes...

First do no harm,(that sayin

First do no harm,(that sayin is not only for the docs) or at least try not to. Second,those that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. I'm glad my house isn't glass. Its mostly fiberglass. Smiling http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90z3wlau_VU

Daenerys wrote:Twain

Daenerys wrote:
Twain wrote:
RAVEN1 wrote:

Ummmm, but you don't mind portraying an entire group as being fanatics and terrorists.

Fanatic, but not stupid.

We all fall from grace somewhere I suppose. To be honest Twain, your joke *did* bother me, hence the 'oh dear and jawdrop'. Actually, it just seemed so out of place coming from you.
It may be that jokes about certain groups of people which target certain characteristics of that group, and which are *recognized* BY that group as humorous, are benign. Certain other groups would view these broad strokes as harmful. Considering the political atmosphere and recent events, that joke does harm.
...OTOH, I've been known to be too sensitive sometimes...

I'll try to be more careful next time.

I'm glad you're on this

I'm glad you're on this board Twain. You and Random have restored much of my faith in your profession.

Too funny!

Too funny!

Twain, How many Jewish

Twain,

How many Jewish mothers does it take to screw in a light bulb? Eye-wink

Q: How many "Real Women"

Q: How many "Real Women" does it take to change a light bulb?
A: None. A "Real Woman" would have a good "Real Man" around to
do it. Smiling

I hope you don't have to be

I hope you don't have to be TOO careful. That would mean there's a whole lot of blank and what, oops, black and white thinking going on here. Jawdropping! Not a good sign.

JaneQPatient

JaneQPatient wrote:

Twain,

How many Jewish mothers does it take to screw in a light bulb? Eye-wink

A: None. "It's okay, I will sit here in the dark."

--------------------------------

Q: Why do Jewish Mothers make great parole officers?

I don't know that one.

I don't know that one. Puzzled Hmmm....

I don't know that one.

I don't know that one. Puzzled Hmmm....

Q: Why do Jewish Mothers

Q: Why do Jewish Mothers make great parole officers?

A: They never let anyone finish a sentence.

------------------------------------

Q: What is a genius?

Doodle, I like your new

Doodle, I like your new picture.
How are your family members/friends and dog doing?

A lesson in how they get

A lesson in how they get their way six ways 'till Sunday. Just cut 'em off at the pass! LOL!

"Q: What is a genius?"

? A: My SON, MY son!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?

JaneQPatient wrote: "Q: What

JaneQPatient wrote:

"Q: What is a genius?"

? A: My SON, MY son!

Close.
A: An average student with a Jewish Mother.

-------------------------------------------

Q: Why did the Jewish Mother want to be buried near Bloomingdale's?

Twain wrote:JaneQPatient

Twain wrote:
JaneQPatient wrote:

"Q: What is a genius?"

? A: My SON, MY son!

Close.
A: An average student with a Jewish Mother.

-------------------------------------------

Q: Why did the Jewish Mother want to be buried near Bloomingdale's?

? A: So her daughter would visit her grave once a week?

JaneQPatient wrote:Twain

JaneQPatient wrote:
Twain wrote:
JaneQPatient wrote:

"Q: What is a genius?"

? A: My SON, MY son!

Close.
A: An average student with a Jewish Mother.

-------------------------------------------

Q: Why did the Jewish Mother want to be buried near Bloomingdale's?

? A: So her daughter would visit her grave once a week?

Very good, now you're getting the hang of it.
Try this one:

Q: What did the Jewish Mother bank teller say to her customer?

Twain wrote:JaneQPatient

Twain wrote:
JaneQPatient wrote:
Twain wrote:
JaneQPatient wrote:

"Q: What is a genius?"

? A: My SON, MY son!

Close.
A: An average student with a Jewish Mother.

-------------------------------------------

Q: Why did the Jewish Mother want to be buried near Bloomingdale's?

? A: So her daughter would visit her grave once a week?

Very good, now you're getting the hang of it.
Try this one:

Q: What did the Jewish Mother bank teller say to her customer?

You really should put this money in an account in the Cayman Islands dear. You don't want your wife to take you for all you're worth do you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9PKO5WyPpg I see death,is a big business too!! WoW!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?

JaneQPatient wrote: Q: What

JaneQPatient wrote:

Q: What did the Jewish Mother bank teller say to her customer?

A: You really should put this money in an account in the Cayman Islands dear. You don't want your wife to take you for all you're worth do you?

Good try, Jane.

A: You never write, you never call, you only visit when you need money.

------------------------

Q: What did the Jewish Mother ask her daughter when the daughter told her she had an affair?

Doctor, dentist or lawyer?

Doctor, dentist or lawyer?

JaneQPatient wrote:Doctor,

JaneQPatient wrote:

Doctor, dentist or lawyer?

Nice try.

Q: What did the Jewish Mother ask her daughter when the daughter told Her she had an affair?
A: Who catered it?

---------------------------

Did you hear about the bum who walked up to a Jewish mother on the street and said:

"Lady I haven't eaten in three days."

"Force yourself," she replied.

Little Johnny comes running

Little Johnny comes running home from school all excited.

"Daddy, Daddy. I got a part in the school play. I'm going
to play a Jewish husband."

Little Johnny's father: "You go back and tell your teachers
you want a talking part!!"

-----------------------------------

Q. What's the difference between a Jewish Mother and a Pit Bull terrier?

Nothing.

Nothing.

Q. What's the difference

Q. What's the difference between a Jewish Mother and a Pit Bull terrier?

A. Eventually the Pit Bull lets go.

-------------------------------------

A Jewish mother is worrying day in and day out about her poor son,
far away in a college: "Oy vey, will he ever find a nice girl...will he
have enough to eat...will he be cold at night?"

While worrying she decides to, at least, buy and send him two warm
flannel shirts.

A couple of months later he travels back to New York to see his
mother. After many hours on a bus he arrives Erev Shabbat at her door and
thinks: "Wait, maybe I should wear one of the shirts she sent me! Surely
this will make her happy!"

He puts on the shirt, rings the door bell and his mother opens:
"Yankel!"
"Mammele!"
"Yankel, I am sooooo happy to see you! And you even wear one of the
shirts I sent you! But tell me one thing: You didn't like the other
shirt?!?!"

Three Jewish mothers were

Three Jewish mothers were sitting around comparing
notes on their exemplary offspring. "There never was a
daughter more devoted than my Judy," said Mrs. Levine
with a sniff. "Every summer she takes me to the
Catskills for a week, and every winter we spend a week
at Delray Beach."

"That's nothing compared to what my Lois does for me,"
declared Mrs. Stein proudly. "Every winter she treats
me to two weeks in Miami, and in the summer two weeks
in the Hamptons, in my own private guest house."

Mrs. Lipkin sat back with a proud smile. "Nobody loves
her mother like my Patty does, nobody."
"So what does she do?" asked the two women, turning to
her.

"Three times a week she gets into a cab, goes to the
best psychiatrist in the city, and pays him a hundred
and fifty dollars an hour - just to talk about me!"

No wonder there are so many

No wonder there are so many Jewish shrinks in NYC. Eye-wink

JaneQPatient wrote:I hope

JaneQPatient wrote:

I hope you don't have to be TOO careful. That would mean there's a whole lot of blank and what, oops, black and white thinking going on here. : Not a good sign.

If you are implying that I am racist Jane,you are so very wrong!!

'blank' and RIGHT

'blank' and RIGHT thinking???

noot wrote:'blank' and RIGHT

noot wrote:

'blank' and RIGHT thinking???

Your still wrong too Noot. I know you have already accused me of being as so. Besides,what if I were?? You surely couldn't do anything about it!! LOL!! But then again you wouldn't know. Your not close enough to me to know. I have nothing to prove to you or ANYONE else.

What can I say?? I try to

What can I say?? I try to defend God too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g3Ej3iZIvs Here's some beautiful women Jews,they all can't be that bad.

Daenerys wrote:I'm glad

Daenerys wrote:

I'm glad you're on this board Twain. You and Random have restored much of my faith in your profession.

I thought about this today. Who knows? Perhaps this was one of my subconscious motivations for having joined the forum.

In any case, I hope that your restored faith is not based on flimsy beliefs; ie. I hope your next encounter with the medical profession doesn't prove you wrong.

Msdoodle wrote:JaneQPatient

Msdoodle wrote:
JaneQPatient wrote:

I hope you don't have to be TOO careful. That would mean there's a whole lot of blank and what, oops, black and white thinking going on here. : Not a good sign.

If you are implying that I am racist Jane,you are so very wrong!!

Doodle, I think Jane meant that we shouldn't be TOO politically correct and thereby lose ALL fun on this forum.

Twain wrote:Daenerys

Twain wrote:
Daenerys wrote:

I'm glad you're on this board Twain. You and Random have restored much of my faith in your profession.

I thought about this today. Who knows? Perhaps this was one of my subconscious motivations for having joined the forum.

In any case, I hope that your restored faith is not based on flimsy beliefs; ie. I hope your next encounter with the medical profession doesn't prove you wrong.

I'm glad I've made you feel useful.
As for my restored faith...perhaps they were the wrong choice of words. I don't consider myself to be an easy target for flimsy beliefs...
I've had quite a few 'encounters' since being kicked out of my family doc's practice. Some wonderful, some not, but NONE of them could even come close to being as horrible as that doctor.

Twain wrote:Msdoodle

Twain wrote:
Msdoodle wrote:
JaneQPatient wrote:

I hope you don't have to be TOO careful. That would mean there's a whole lot of blank and what, oops, black and white thinking going on here. : Not a good sign.

Doodle, I think Jane meant that we shouldn't be TOO politically correct and thereby lose ALL fun on this forum.

Twain, what does it mean to be TOO politically correct? And why would that 'warning' come out only after a racial joke was made and called out?
This board *really* doesn't have to worry about being TOO politically correct does it? All topics are game here, medical or not. There are no RULES to posting anywhere on the site. If people here wanted to post racial slurs in the form of jokes, they most certainly could. What's the worst that could happen? They might be called on it, and they might not. Or potential posters might just drift away from the board altogether, giving up on the unfriendly atmosphere.
Is Jane worried that she might have to tone down her running vitriolic indictment of insurance companies? Who's to stop her? Why the warning?

One more point...does my (or saphire's) calling out a racist joke mean we are being TOO politically correct? Did I (we) spoil someone's fun?

Just kind of has me wondering...

Daenerys wrote: Twain, what

Daenerys wrote:

Twain, what does it mean to be TOO politically correct? And why would that 'warning' come out only after a racial joke was made and called out?
This board *really* doesn't have to worry about being TOO politically correct does it? All topics are game here, medical or not. There are no RULES to posting anywhere on the site. If people here wanted to post racial slurs in the form of jokes, they most certainly could. What's the worst that could happen? They might be called on it, and they might not. Or potential posters might just drift away from the board altogether, giving up on the unfriendly atmosphere.
Is Jane worried that she might have to tone down her running vitriolic indictment of insurance companies? Who's to stop her? Why the warning?

One more point...does my (or saphire's) calling out a racist joke mean we are being TOO politically correct? Did I (we) spoil someone's fun?

Just kind of has me wondering...

There's sometimes a fine line between having fun and having fun at someone else's expense.

Twain wrote:Daenerys wrote:

Twain wrote:
Daenerys wrote:

One more point...does my (or saphire's) calling out a racist joke mean we are being TOO politically correct? Did I (we) spoil someone's fun?

Just kind of has me wondering...

There's sometimes a fine line between having fun and having fun at someone else's expense.

Yes, that's right. That is exactly my point. And sometimes when certain jokes are made that have the potential to hurt others because it is at their expense, it isn't right to invalidate their concerns by saying they are taking things too seriously, and ruining all the fun. Smiling
Night Twain

Daenerys, take another look

Daenerys, take another look at the sequence of exchanges:

Twain: I'll try to be more careful next time.

Jane: I hope you don't have to be TOO careful. That would mean there's a whole lot of blank and what, oops, black and white thinking going on here. Not a good sign.

Doodle: If you are implying that I am racist Jane,you are so very wrong!!

Twain: Doodle, I think Jane meant that we shouldn't be TOO politically correct and thereby lose ALL fun on this forum.

My comment to Doodle was to tell her that I thought she had misinterpreted Jane's intentions.

I was actually addressing

I was actually addressing someone else. Black and white thinking. Someone wrote 'blank' and....thinking. I think they meant that some here are more gifted than others and make the conversation more interesting. It was a snub and I snubbed them right back by saying that some of the posters that are written off are usually right.

I believe that 'blank' meant thoughtless and unprovoking intellects. Am I RIGHT, Janey?

I'm sorry Noot,I took your

I'm sorry Noot,I took your reply the wrong way. Sad

Twain wrote:Daenerys, take

Twain wrote:

Daenerys, take another look at the sequence of exchanges:

Twain: I'll try to be more careful next time.

Jane: I hope you don't have to be TOO careful. That would mean there's a whole lot of blank and what, oops, black and white thinking going on here. Not a good sign.

Doodle: If you are implying that I am racist Jane,you are so very wrong!!

Twain: Doodle, I think Jane meant that we shouldn't be TOO politically correct and thereby lose ALL fun on this forum.

My comment to Doodle was to tell her that I thought she had misinterpreted Jane's intentions.

I know Twain. I just had a problem with what Jane said and then your reply to it. It rankled because the implication was that by calling out that racist joke, I was a 'black and white' thinker and TOO careful, or at least, that is how it would be if all such jokes were called out.
I hope you are well. It was *horrible* weather here tonight but I went jogging anyways! I figure that if you can jog or 'ride' in horrible weather, you can do it *anytime*! It makes you stronger. 5k...30 mins. yay Smiling

Daenerys wrote: It was

Daenerys wrote:

It was *horrible* weather here tonight but I went jogging anyways! I figure that if you can jog or 'ride' in horrible weather, you can do it *anytime*! It makes you stronger. 5k...30 mins. yay Smiling

Great, a 10-minute mile pace. Keep it up.

For me, I try not to run in the rain - I hate the sensation of soggy socks. Besides it takes too much energy to make sure I don't fall on the slippery roads.

Take care.

I don't know what Jane meant

I don't know what Jane meant by her comment,she commented after I posted the joke about the light bulb and having a man,to change it. And yes Twain,I guess you are right,some americans do act like they are better. But NOT ALL of US act as we are. All one can do is make the best of what they have. Have a great day. Keep up the good work you do. Smiling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?

Daenerys wrote:Twain

Daenerys wrote:
Twain wrote:

Daenerys, take another look at the sequence of exchanges:

Twain: I'll try to be more careful next time.

Jane: I hope you don't have to be TOO careful. That would mean there's a whole lot of blank and what, oops, black and white thinking going on here. Not a good sign.

Doodle: If you are implying that I am racist Jane,you are so very wrong!!

Twain: Doodle, I think Jane meant that we shouldn't be TOO politically correct and thereby lose ALL fun on this forum.

My comment to Doodle was to tell her that I thought she had misinterpreted Jane's intentions.

I know Twain. I just had a problem with what Jane said and then your reply to it. It rankled because the implication was that by calling out that racist joke, I was a 'black and white' thinker and TOO careful, or at least, that is how it would be if all such jokes were called out.
I hope you are well. It was *horrible* weather here tonight but I went jogging anyways! I figure that if you can jog or 'ride' in horrible weather, you can do it *anytime*! It makes you stronger. 5k...30 mins. yay Smiling

The "black and white" didn't refer to race. It was about people thinking and believing something has to be absolutely one thing or the other thing only as they see it with no possibility for any shades of grey by anyone, anywhere at anytime, ever. Twain interpreted my words and intentions correctly.

noot wrote:I was actually

noot wrote:

I was actually addressing someone else. Black and white thinking. Someone wrote 'blank' and....thinking. I think they meant that some here are more gifted than others and make the conversation more interesting. It was a snub and I snubbed them right back by saying that some of the posters that are written off are usually right.

I believe that 'blank' meant thoughtless and unprovoking intellects. Am I RIGHT, Janey?

Yes, that's a good interpretation of what I meant. Touche!

Jane

That was cute Daenerys,thank

That was cute Daenerys,thank you for sharing. Smiling

Daenerys wrote:
Your joke reminded me of this:
enjoy....The Man Song:

JaneQPatient wrote:Daenerys

JaneQPatient wrote:
Daenerys wrote:
Twain wrote:

Daenerys, take another look at the sequence of exchanges:

Twain: I'll try to be more careful next time.

Jane: I hope you don't have to be TOO careful. That would mean there's a whole lot of blank and what, oops, black and white thinking going on here. Not a good sign.

Doodle: If you are implying that I am racist Jane,you are so very wrong!!

Twain: Doodle, I think Jane meant that we shouldn't be TOO politically correct and thereby lose ALL fun on this forum.

My comment to Doodle was to tell her that I thought she had misinterpreted Jane's intentions.

I know Twain. I just had a problem with what Jane said and then your reply to it. It rankled because the implication was that by calling out that racist joke, I was a 'black and white' thinker and TOO careful, or at least, that is how it would be if all such jokes were called out.
I hope you are well. It was *horrible* weather here tonight but I went jogging anyways! I figure that if you can jog or 'ride' in horrible weather, you can do it *anytime*! It makes you stronger. 5k...30 mins. yay Smiling

The "black and white" didn't refer to race. It was about people thinking and believing something has to be absolutely one thing or the other thing only as they see it with no possibility for any shades of grey by anyone, anywhere at anytime, ever. Twain interpreted my words and intentions correctly.

lol Okay, at the risk of looking like a stickler...
I *know* that *your* comment, "I hope you don't have to be TOO careful. That would mean there's a whole lot of blank and what, oops, black and white thinking going on here. Not a good sign." didn't have anything to do with race. That was Doodle's misinterpretation. That wasn't my point. My point was, and still is, that you made the comment after Twain promised to be more 'careful' in the future regarding racist jokes because of the joke referring to terrorists. This was a joke that he was 'called' on with raised eyebrows by me and more explicitly by Raven1 (I think I said Saphire the first time). Once he was called on it, he quasi apologized with a vow to be more careful in future which is then where your comment came in, saying that you hoped everyone wouldn't have to be TOO careful.
I absolutely understand the desire to have a forum that doesn't seem to squelch free discussion and thought, as it really does seem that this forum has been. There is no limit here on content, that *I* have seen anyways. I completely understood the reference to black and white thinking and the undesirable need to 'pussyfoot' around. This comment came after I agreed with Raven1 that the joke was indeed racist and very similar in nature to the joke about the Greek that Twain objected to.
YOUR comment was made in after these objections, meaning that you perhaps thought that the racist jokes should NOT have called out and were completely okay *because* to call them out was to indulge in some sort of censorship which you think could stifle the board.
Twain's 'agreement' with you, about being TOO politically correct and therefore losing ALL fun on the forum, was the last brick in the wall and really cemented the whole idea that perhaps those racist jokes are all in fun and should be embraced. This is because these sentiments by Jane and then Twain in agreement, really only came up after the racist joke was called on. That Doodle misconstrued Jane's comment as something to do with her personally is besides the point.

Daenerys wrote: This is

Daenerys wrote:

This is because these sentiments by Jane and then Twain in agreement, really only came up after the racist joke was called on.

There was nothing RACIST in what I said. With Afghanistan and Iraq now out of the picture, Pakistan and Iran are the two leading training grounds for terrorists. American companies do not have 'call centres' in Iran. They do in Pakistan.

JeeZUZ...John has taken away

JeeZUZ...John has taken away my EDIT button!!! Here is my edit BEFORE I just read what you wrote Twain. I absolutely had to edit because much of what I wrote was convoluted and didn't make sense. Here it is:

lol Okay, at the risk of looking like a stickler...
Jane, I *know* that *your* comment, "I hope you don't have to be TOO careful. That would mean there's a whole lot of blank and what, oops, black and white thinking going on here. Not a good sign." didn't have anything to do with race. That was Doodle's misinterpretation. That wasn't my point. My point was, and still is, that you made the comment after Twain promised to be more 'careful' in the future regarding racist jokes. It stems from his joke about terrorists. This was a joke that he was 'called' on with raised eyebrows by me and more explicitly by Raven1 (I think I said Saphire the first time). Once he was called on it, he quasi apologized with a vow to be more careful in future, which is then where your comment came in, saying that you hoped everyone wouldn't have to be TOO careful.

YOUR comment was made after objections were raised by myself and Raven1, meaning that you perhaps thought that the racist jokes should NOT have been called out *because* to call them out was to indulge in some sort of censorship which you think could stifle the board. Twain's 'agreement' with you, about being TOO politically correct and therefore losing ALL fun on the forum, was the last brick in the wall and really cemented the impression that perhaps those racist jokes are all in fun and should be embraced. That Doodle misconstrued your comment as something to do with her personally, is besides the point.

I absolutely understand the desire to have a forum that doesn't seem to squelch free discussion and thought and it really does seem that this forum has been just that as there is no moderation whatsoever except for the token kicking off of abusive doctors. There is no limit here on content, that *I* have seen anyways. I completely understood the reference to black and white thinking and the undesirable need to 'pussyfoot' around. There is no danger of this board becoming TOO politically correct, but it is always wise to try and catch prejudicial and biased statements *before* they are uttered, or typed.

Ok, I'm one of those

Ok, I'm one of those thoughtless, unprovoking, inattentive, heedless idiots. Now that we have that straight, I'd like to know what all this has to do with a Jewish man whose wife gave him a black eye for ordering her around? Evil

Twain wrote: There was

Twain wrote:

There was nothing RACIST in what I said. With Afghanistan and Iraq now out of the picture, Pakistan and Iran are the two leading training grounds for terrorists. American companies do not have 'call centres' in Iran. They do in Pakistan.

Twain, you *know* I agree with you about certain things regarding the culture there, particularly as it pertains to women, and women doctors, but I still feel ill at ease with the 'flavor' of the joke. I guess it's just too general for my bones.
Please, don't be offended. No offense intended.

LEVICULUS_SCRIPTOR wrote:Ok,

LEVICULUS_SCRIPTOR wrote:

Ok, I'm one of those thoughtless, unprovoking, inattentive, heedless idiots. Now that we have that straight, I'd like to know what all this has to do with a Jewish man whose wife gave him a black eye for ordering her around? Evil

I don't know...you seem pretty provoking to me, thoughtless writer.

LEVICULUS_SCRIPTOR wrote:

LEVICULUS_SCRIPTOR wrote:

I'd like to know what all this has to do with a Jewish man whose wife gave him a black eye for ordering her around? Evil

Its called spousal abuse Levi. And its sad.

Daenerys wrote:Twain

Daenerys wrote:
Twain wrote:

There was nothing RACIST in what I said. With Afghanistan and Iraq now out of the picture, Pakistan and Iran are the two leading training grounds for terrorists. American companies do not have 'call centres' in Iran. They do in Pakistan.

Twain, you *know* I agree with you about certain things regarding the culture there, particularly as it pertains to women, and women doctors, but I still feel ill at ease with the 'flavor' of the joke. I guess it's just too general for my bones.
Please, don't be offended. No offense intended.

Like I said, I'll have to be more careful next time. I'll take my own advice and re-read what I've written before I hit the "post comment" button.

Daenerys wrote:JaneQPatient

Daenerys wrote:
JaneQPatient wrote:
Daenerys wrote:
Twain wrote:

Daenerys, take another look at the sequence of exchanges:

Twain: I'll try to be more careful next time.

Jane: I hope you don't have to be TOO careful. That would mean there's a whole lot of blank and what, oops, black and white thinking going on here. Not a good sign.

Doodle: If you are implying that I am racist Jane,you are so very wrong!!

Twain: Doodle, I think Jane meant that we shouldn't be TOO politically correct and thereby lose ALL fun on this forum.

My comment to Doodle was to tell her that I thought she had misinterpreted Jane's intentions.

I know Twain. I just had a problem with what Jane said and then your reply to it. It rankled because the implication was that by calling out that racist joke, I was a 'black and white' thinker and TOO careful, or at least, that is how it would be if all such jokes were called out.
I hope you are well. It was *horrible* weather here tonight but I went jogging anyways! I figure that if you can jog or 'ride' in horrible weather, you can do it *anytime*! It makes you stronger. 5k...30 mins. yay Smiling

The "black and white" didn't refer to race. It was about people thinking and believing something has to be absolutely one thing or the other thing only as they see it with no possibility for any shades of grey by anyone, anywhere at anytime, ever. Twain interpreted my words and intentions correctly.

lol Okay, at the risk of looking like a stickler...
I *know* that *your* comment, "I hope you don't have to be TOO careful. That would mean there's a whole lot of blank and what, oops, black and white thinking going on here. Not a good sign." didn't have anything to do with race. That was Doodle's misinterpretation. That wasn't my point. My point was, and still is, that you made the comment after Twain promised to be more 'careful' in the future regarding racist jokes because of the joke referring to terrorists. This was a joke that he was 'called' on with raised eyebrows by me and more explicitly by Raven1 (I think I said Saphire the first time). Once he was called on it, he quasi apologized with a vow to be more careful in future which is then where your comment came in, saying that you hoped everyone wouldn't have to be TOO careful.
I absolutely understand the desire to have a forum that doesn't seem to squelch free discussion and thought, as it really does seem that this forum has been. There is no limit here on content, that *I* have seen anyways. I completely understood the reference to black and white thinking and the undesirable need to 'pussyfoot' around. This comment came after I agreed with Raven1 that the joke was indeed racist and very similar in nature to the joke about the Greek that Twain objected to.
YOUR comment was made in after these objections, meaning that you perhaps thought that the racist jokes should NOT have called out and were completely okay *because* to call them out was to indulge in some sort of censorship which you think could stifle the board.
Twain's 'agreement' with you, about being TOO politically correct and therefore losing ALL fun on the forum, was the last brick in the wall and really cemented the whole idea that perhaps those racist jokes are all in fun and should be embraced. This is because these sentiments by Jane and then Twain in agreement, really only came up after the racist joke was called on. That Doodle misconstrued Jane's comment as something to do with her personally is besides the point.

Okay, so where's the joke you're talking about?

JaneQPatient wrote: Okay, so

JaneQPatient wrote:

Okay, so where's the joke you're talking about?

Under Mental Health: Causes of Mental Illness http://www.ratemds.com/social/?q=node/28712
Submitted by Twain on Thu, 11/01/2007 - 23:47

But if you don't even know the joke that I am talking about, then perhaps this whole thing has been completely misconstrued. I don't want to keep bringing it up, because I think it's making everyone uncomfortable. So...meh

I think you are right in

I think you are right in your assessment,Daenerys,but try not to let it bother you. Your not making me uncomfortable,I will tell you that. Have a great day. Smiling P.S. It kinda reminds me of that saying,whats good for the goose is good for the gander..lol..

I actually took offence at

I actually took offence at your joke because, I don't think being in distress, and calling the mental health hotline and getting a terrorist, sounded funny to me....in crisis, suicidal, depressed or anxiety situations, it would be sad to get someone on the other end that made such sick comments.... Sad I just found no humor in the joke, but then, some jokes I just don't understand...the parachute joke, I got, and as far as I am concerned it could have been any race of person taking the kids back back....if it was russian or ukranian, or newfie, would it have been funnier?

It just sounded to me that Mental Health clients could call for help and get any idiot at the other end with no help intended...do you know how many person actually go through rough times, and do get no help...so funny twain, nota!! Shocked

sherry

Have a great day

Have a great day

Actually, those sick

Actually, those sick comments have been and are being made on those suicide hotlines in the US and it has nothing to do with a foreign call center - all home grown and all American too. I posted an article about that a while back.

I'm sure Twain knows that people not only " call for help and get any idiot at the other end with no help intended...do you know how many person actually go through rough times, and do get no help..." and I'll bet he also knows the same thing happens frequently even in face to face encounters with "Mental Health" professionals day in day out which is very detrimental to those who seek out that kind of help and get none, or worse than none. Its a very serious and problem in the US and has been for a long time. It doesn't look like the field is getting any better at helping those who ask for help either.

Btw, there was nothing racist in that joke either. For those who think there was, read it again. There was nothing about race in it. There was nothing in it based on a particular race or races either. The race issue simply was not contained in that joke.

As for the parachute joke, Sherry S., there wasn't anything about race in that one either. I'll give you a hint what it was really about - Onassis.

JaneQPatient wrote: Btw,

JaneQPatient wrote:

Btw, there was nothing racist in that joke either. For those who think there was, read it again. There was nothing about race in it. There was nothing in it based on a particular race or races either. The race issue simply was not contained in that joke.

As for the parachute joke, Sherry S., there wasn't anything about race in that one either. I'll give you a hint what it was really about - Onassis.

Nothing about race? Did you read the joke? When someone references a culture within a particular country, it is *racist*. Pakistan...is full of Pakistanis-they are a race of people different from our own. Perhaps your argument might have been given more credence if you had focused on whether or not the joke was benign because it supposedly appealed to humor as opposed to hate. I don't believe for one second that Twain meant any harm by his joke YET I still see it for what it is. In fact, I am completely perplexed as to how you could come to the conclusion that 'the race issue simply was not contained..." Pakistan (a country with 4 or 5 different ethnicities/races represented) was referenced and it was alluded that a call center there is a front for a terrorist training ground. On what grounds do you claim it was NOT racist? Twain, I know you don't think it was either. Maybe you could explain to me why you don't think it is. Please believe me when I say that I really didn't think you meant any harm and all of a sudden this has blown up in your face. (lol) I'm just curious. I'm not an uptight person and I can and do laugh at racist jokes (if they're funny of course) but let's call a spade, a spade. Smiling

The parachute joke was also a racist joke. A joke in which certain ethnicities are mentioned, is racist. The joke was intended to make someone feel bad by attacking her race. I'm not too sure that you follow many of these posts, otherwise, you would have known that.

Daenerys wrote: Nothing

Daenerys wrote:

Nothing about race? Did you read the joke? When someone references a culture within a particular country, it is *racist*. Pakistan...is full of Pakistanis-they are a race of people different from our own.

The people in Pakistan are of the same race as those in India. However, terrorista are not being trained in India to attack the West, but they are being trained in Pakistan. Where is Osama bin Laden now? The money is on Pakistan.

The parachute joke I heard

The parachute joke I heard the first time had George Bush jumping out with the schoolbag. I don't think too many people would get upset over that one.

Twain wrote:The parachute

Twain wrote:

The parachute joke I heard the first time had George Bush jumping out with the schoolbag. I don't think too many people would get upset over that one.

Poor George would've forgotten the schoolbag......splat. Laughing out loud

Twain wrote:Daenerys wrote:

Twain wrote:
Daenerys wrote:

Nothing about race? Did you read the joke? When someone references a culture within a particular country, it is *racist*. Pakistan...is full of Pakistanis-they are a race of people different from our own.

The people in Pakistan are of the same race as those in India. However, terrorista are not being trained in India to attack the West, but they are being trained in Pakistan. Where is Osama bin Laden now? The money is on Pakistan.

"The people in Pakistan are of the same race as those in India."
Twain, Pakistan is as different from India as China is from Japan. Pakistan's main ethnic groups are Punjabi, Sindhi and Pashtun. 97% of Pakistan's population is Muslim. Urdu is the official language but the majority speak Punjabi. http://pakistan.saarctourism.org/ By contrast, India's main ethnic groups are Indo-Aryan, and Dravidian. Over 80% (of a population OVER one billion) are Hindu!

Pakistan is a well-known breeding ground for terrorists, and quite possibly or even probably, Osama is residing there. You can definitely put your money on Pakistan if it makes you feel good but it doesn't really matter in the context of this argument. The joke was racist because a whole country was stereotyped, and it was in a bad light. Justify it as you will...

Twain wrote:The parachute

Twain wrote:

The parachute joke I heard the first time had George Bush jumping out with the schoolbag. I don't think too many people would get upset over that one.

No...but you DID when Greeks were portrayed as stupid...or are you now jumping back through the hoop?

Daenerys wrote:Twain

Daenerys wrote:
Twain wrote:

The parachute joke I heard the first time had George Bush jumping out with the schoolbag. I don't think too many people would get upset over that one.

No...but you DID when Greeks were portrayed as stupid...or are you now jumping back through the hoop?

That's why I did, and still do, object to that joke.

Daenerys wrote:Twain

Daenerys wrote:
Twain wrote:
Daenerys wrote:

Nothing about race? Did you read the joke? When someone references a culture within a particular country, it is *racist*. Pakistan...is full of Pakistanis-they are a race of people different from our own.

The people in Pakistan are of the same race as those in India. However, terrorista are not being trained in India to attack the West, but they are being trained in Pakistan. Where is Osama bin Laden now? The money is on Pakistan.

"The people in Pakistan are of the same race as those in India."
Twain, Pakistan is as different from India as China is from Japan. Pakistan's main ethnic groups are Punjabi, Sindhi and Pashtun. 97% of Pakistan's population is Muslim. Urdu is the official language but the majority speak Punjabi. http://pakistan.saarctourism.org/ By contrast, India's main ethnic groups are Indo-Aryan, and Dravidian. Over 80% (of a population OVER one billion) are Hindu!

Pakistan is a well-known breeding ground for terrorists, and quite possibly or even probably, Osama is residing there. You can definitely put your money on Pakistan if it makes you feel good but it doesn't really matter in the context of this argument. The joke was racist because a whole country was stereotyped, and it was in a bad light. Justify it as you will...

The dominant races in South Asia are the Indo-Aryans and Dravidians. The Urdu, Pashtun, etc are ethnic differences, not racial.

I think you've hit the nail on the head - the problem is not race; it's religion - and (edit here) what people are taught about those of other religions.

So sorry for butting in, but

So sorry for butting in, but this thread is interesting. Sometimes religion and hate are hard to separate. That's why, although, I graduated from a Jesuit high school, I don't believe in religion, nor those who beat their breast in defense of it.

Some Jewish people dislike Christians because Christians blame them for killing Jesus. Some Christians dislike Jews because they blame them for killing Jesus. Some Christians dislike Catholics because Catholics worship idols. Some Catholics dislike Christians because they don't. Some church-goers believe there is only one way to beat the Evil . You have to go to the "right," church....theirs! . Some believe you have to roll over and play dead. Let people step all over you because that's how you prove you're holy. IMO, that only proves you're a fool. Some believe that you should act holy. Notice, I said act. Some believe that if you don't believe, you have to be lacking in love, compassion, etc. Rubbish!

Now we get to the race thing. The KKK believe that anyone who is not white should disappear. They can find verses in the Bible to back up that hatred. Some commit suicide and murder in the name of God. They also can find verses to back them up. For some, the hatred has been learned at Grandpa's knee; for others, it is a reaction to bigotry and intolerance. BTW, I am as guilty as anyone else of ignorance, and yes, bigotry, so you're not allowed to crucify me.

I sometimes think that the only thing that will bring us together, whether we believe or disbelief, whatever our nationality, is a global disaster that we all have to face and fight together.

Well, boys and girls, that's this empty-headed writers opinion. Now that felt GREAT! Sticking out tongue

LEVICULUS_SCRIPTOR wrote: I

LEVICULUS_SCRIPTOR wrote:

I sometimes think that the only thing that will bring us together, whether we believe or disbelief, whatever our nationality, is a global disaster that we all have to face and fight together.

Well, boys and girls, that's this empty-headed writers opinion. Now that felt GREAT! Sticking out tongue

Well, that global disaster might not be too far off with the way the earth is warming up. The only thing THEN of course, is how to convince all those millions of people to work together to fight it, rather than sitting back and welcoming it as the rapture.

And, ahem, I *meant* to call you empty-headed earlier...not thoughtless. Eye-wink

LEVICULUS_SCRIPTOR wrote:

LEVICULUS_SCRIPTOR wrote:

Some Christians dislike Catholics because Catholics worship idols. Some Catholics dislike Christians because they don't.

All these years I thought that Protestants AND Catholics were Christians because they accept Christ as their saviour. Am I missing something? Are Catholics not Christians?

Daenerys wrote:JaneQPatient

Daenerys wrote:
JaneQPatient wrote:

Btw, there was nothing racist in that joke either. For those who think there was, read it again. There was nothing about race in it. There was nothing in it based on a particular race or races either. The race issue simply was not contained in that joke.

As for the parachute joke, Sherry S., there wasn't anything about race in that one either. I'll give you a hint what it was really about - Onassis.

Nothing about race? Did you read the joke? When someone references a culture within a particular country, it is *racist*. Pakistan...is full of Pakistanis-they are a race of people different from our own. Perhaps your argument might have been given more credence if you had focused on whether or not the joke was benign because it supposedly appealed to humor as opposed to hate. I don't believe for one second that Twain meant any harm by his joke YET I still see it for what it is. In fact, I am completely perplexed as to how you could come to the conclusion that 'the race issue simply was not contained..." Pakistan (a country with 4 or 5 different ethnicities/races represented) was referenced and it was alluded that a call center there is a front for a terrorist training ground. On what grounds do you claim it was NOT racist? Twain, I know you don't think it was either. Maybe you could explain to me why you don't think it is. Please believe me when I say that I really didn't think you meant any harm and all of a sudden this has blown up in your face. (lol) I'm just curious. I'm not an uptight person and I can and do laugh at racist jokes (if they're funny of course) but let's call a spade, a spade. Smiling

The parachute joke was also a racist joke. A joke in which certain ethnicities are mentioned, is racist. The joke was intended to make someone feel bad by attacking her race. I'm not too sure that you follow many of these posts, otherwise, you would have known that.

Much of the answers to your wonderment is contained in your own assessment. I don't understand why you aren't seeing it. You even wrote it but still you're not seeing the answers. You explained it all somewhat by yourself. I don't know what I could do to clarify it for you when you have the information, you've assessed it correctly yet draw a different and opposite conclusion from your own information and assessment which is based on your own information and assessment. That's really quite puzzeling to me (this being an isolated incident so far as I know).

Which is why Pakistan ended

Which is why Pakistan ended up coming into being in the first place. It was much more religiously diverse before the Brittish came and before the Brittish left. It was after independence of India which Louis Mountbatten nursed into being that the religious friction went haywire and people of the non-domininant religion in a particular area of india were persecuted and at times brutally physically attacked and then fled to where their particular religion dominated. At that point there were to separte states made of what was once India which encompassed the entire indian subcontinent and we ended up with India and East and West Pakistan. Now we have three separate countries there: India, Pakistan and Bangladesh.

And if anyone has been reading or seeing the news lately, there is a very big to do going on in Pakistan. The people are really pissed off that Musharaf has allowed the Taliban to completely take over some area of Pakistan. There are places where there the police stations have been closed and reopened as Taliban stations. They want their marshal law dictator out for that if nothing else. The country is in crisis because the President of that country allowed the terrorists not just to infiltrate but to take over major parts of the country and not just border areas. He let them deep inside and let them take over essentially allowing them to create their own terriorist state within the official borders of Pakistan. The Pakistani people are pissed off and they want democracy back. Things are starting to hit the fan there.

Well, that global disaster

Well, that global disaster might not be too far off with the way the earth is warming up. The only thing THEN of course, is how to convince all those millions of people to work together to fight it, rather than sitting back and welcoming it as the rapture.

wrote:
Daenerys,I didn't know people were welcoming the rapture coming. And I don't think people are going to be able to stop it,if its in God's plans. I certainly am not going to fight against him,I tried that!! Big NO NO.. As long as I stay close to him,I am fine. Have a great day. Smiling P.S. I tried to post this the correct way,and it kept coming out backwards..lol.. like me.

Twain

Twain wrote:
LEVICULUS_SCRIPTOR wrote:

Some Christians dislike Catholics because Catholics worship idols. Some Catholics dislike Christians because they don't.

All these years I thought that Protestants AND Catholics were Christians because they accept Christ as their saviour. Am I missing something? Are Catholics not Christians?

Catholics are Christians, they believe that they don't have to accept Christ as their Saviour, because they do that every day by repeating the creed, which is a litany of what they believe. Similar to, "Hear oh Israel, the Lord thy God is one." I hope I said that correctly, if not, correct me.

Personally,I think its

Personally,I think its stupid,fighting against ANYONE. WE ALL have the same GOD. As far as I'm concerned.

Please stop that,I don't

Please stop that,I don't believe that for a minute. I happen to like your postings. Have a great day Levi. Smiling

LEVICULUS_SCRIPTOR wrote:
Well, boys and girls, that's this empty-headed writers opinion.

Cristal_Artist wrote:Twain

Cristal_Artist wrote:
Twain wrote:

The parachute joke I heard the first time had George Bush jumping out with the schoolbag. I don't think too many people would get upset over that one.

Poor George would've forgotten the schoolbag......splat. Laughing out loud

That's why they had to stage the flight suit video when he was already on deck.

Msdoodle wrote: Personally,I

Msdoodle wrote:

Personally,I think its stupid,fighting against ANYONE. WE ALL have the same GOD. As far as I'm concerned.

The problem is that many do not agree that "WE ALL have the same GOD." or how we should behave according to that God's comandments.

The problem is that many do

The problem is that many do not agree that "WE ALL have the same GOD." or how we should behave according to that God's comandments.

Well,I guess thats another reason I stay confused. Sad

JaneQPatient wrote: Much of

JaneQPatient wrote:

Much of the answers to your wonderment is contained in your own assessment. I don't understand why you aren't seeing it. You even wrote it but still you're not seeing the answers. You explained it all somewhat by yourself. I don't know what I could do to clarify it for you when you have the information, you've assessed it correctly yet draw a different and opposite conclusion from your own information and assessment which is based on your own information and assessment. That's really quite puzzeling to me (this being an isolated incident so far as I know).

Can anyone explain Jane's post to me so that I can understand it?
My 'initial' puzzlement Jane, was the fact that you seemed to want to muddy up the waters by stating that we must not be too politically correct, implying that my statement about the racist joke was stilting and wont to lead to 'black and white' thinking on the board. Soooo, I guess because you *seem* to be saying that it's all right there in front of my eyes...that you WERE actually saying there is nothing wrong with racist jokes and that we shouldn't watch what we say. You are quite puzzling to me. I prefer my way of seeing the world, thanks.

T--w---a---i---n

T--w---a---i---n You whooooooo------Twain....... where are you?? Paging Twain...... He's good about splaining things.. Smiling

Msdoodle

Msdoodle wrote:

T--w---a---i---n You whooooooo------Twain....... where are you?? Paging Twain...... He's good about splaining things.. Smiling

MsDoodle, Twains the peace keeper. He steps in and starts people a thinking and then steps back and smooths the situation out. Hope you have a great day Doodle.

JaneQPatient wrote: And if

JaneQPatient wrote:

And if anyone has been reading or seeing the news lately, there is a very big to do going on in Pakistan. The people are really pissed off that Musharaf has allowed the Taliban to completely take over some area of Pakistan. There are places where there the police stations have been closed and reopened as Taliban stations. They want their marshal law dictator out for that if nothing else. The country is in crisis because the President of that country allowed the terrorists not just to infiltrate but to take over major parts of the country and not just border areas. He let them deep inside and let them take over essentially allowing them to create their own terriorist state within the official borders of Pakistan. The Pakistani people are pissed off and they want democracy back. Things are starting to hit the fan there.

One of the muslim guys who just came to work with us a few months ago (was living in Canada) is from Pakistan. It's wonderful, as I've said before, to work with such a diverse group of people. And yes, religion is the divide. You can get by this by not making it the issue. You look at each person as a unique individual with unique skills and personality that you can learn from. You show interest and appreciation instead of steriotype and judgement and you'd be surprised what you can learn from them. I personaly get a up front news report on many issues and countries each day that is not touched up and reformed by the media. When the Twin Towers and Pentagon were hit I knew within seconds why it was happening and who did it. I'm aware of things the media never shared with the public. In the U.S. we as a people have access to much information if we would all just quit the judging and trying to reform to our views and listen. That's not to mean listen to the news everyday on tv or in the paper. Yes.. there is some really big stuff happening in Pakistan right now.. it's really frightening for the people here who have family over there. The mid-east will always be a war torn area, just as it always has been. Many religious groups fighting over holy land and they all insist they will win!!! Sad Of course we know, no one will! And even the "#1 super power" isn't going to be able to stop that.

And oh by the way... if

And oh by the way... if Jesus came back today I have no doubt many of the churches that are so sure they have it right will also not be taken up in the rapture. Jesus never came to judge yet he was judged and condemed by the very people he was trying to save. No one to blame, it was part of the plan. Free choice..yes Twain, similar to free enterprise. Much of the church today is very judgemental, thus why they are having trouble reaching the lost. If Jesus didn't even come to judge and condemn then who are we to do it??? Shocked No one approved of Jesus hanging out with the tax payers either. Read the bible for yourself, don't sit there each week in church thinking the human pastor person is going to read it for you and no implament his interpritation of what he believes it means to fit his plans for the church. Go out and read and learn and get the truth. Eye-wink

the peace

the peace keeper.(((

)))
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God" (Matthew 5:9) Thank you Product,you do the same. Smiling

LEVICULUS_SCRIPTOR

LEVICULUS_SCRIPTOR wrote:
Twain wrote:
LEVICULUS_SCRIPTOR wrote:

Some Christians dislike Catholics because Catholics worship idols. Some Catholics dislike Christians because they don't.

All these years I thought that Protestants AND Catholics were Christians because they accept Christ as their saviour. Am I missing something? Are Catholics not Christians?

Catholics are Christians, they believe that they don't have to accept Christ as their Saviour, because they do that every day by repeating the creed, which is a litany of what they believe. Similar to, "Hear oh Israel, the Lord thy God is one." I hope I said that correctly, if not, correct me.

I thought that Christ was the saviour of all Christians (Protestants and Catholics), whether they repeat the creed or not. Maybe there's something I'm missing here.

Product of USA

Product of USA wrote:
Msdoodle wrote:

T--w---a---i---n You whooooooo------Twain....... where are you?? Paging Twain...... He's good about splaining things.. Smiling

MsDoodle, Twains the peace keeper. He steps in and starts people a thinking and then steps back and smooths the situation out. Hope you have a great day Doodle.

This is getting way out of hand.

Here's the original:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was feeling a bit depressed the other day, so I called the "Mental Health Hotline".

The call went through to a 'call center' in Pakistan.

I explained that I was feeling suicidal.

They were very excited at this news and wanted to know if I could drive a truck or fly a airplane....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It referred to the fact that at this point in time Pakistan is the leading exporter of terrorists against the West.
Some people see it as racist. Some don't.
I said I'd be more careful next time.
Let's drop it already, p...l...e...e...e...e...a...s...e

Twain wrote: I said I'd be

Twain wrote:

I said I'd be more careful next time.
Let's drop it already, p...l...e...e...e...e...a...s...e

LOL Twain. Seeing as your begging...I won't bring it up again. But really, this wasn't anything to do with the racist joke (LMFAO), but more to do with Jane's comment ABOUT my comments. Eye-wink

Dr Spock's blood is green? I never knew that!

Twain,I was just replying to

Twain,I was just replying to Daenerys,for you to explain what Jane meant. I did not mean ANYTHING in a bad way. You do explain things very well. I could care less about the dumb joke. You explained what Jane meant to me before,I thought maybe you could explain to Daenerys too. Please excuse me for living. I'm so sorry.

Sorry, I was busy last night

Sorry, I was busy last night and I gave you a crappy explanation. I hope I do better today. Yes, Christ is the Saviour of all Christians. The difference between Catholics and Protestants is like the difference between Reformed and Orthodox Jews. In Christianity, Catholics would be the Orthodox; Protestants would be Reformed. I hope that was a better explanation.....if not, write the Pope. Evil

Thank you Levi,I will take

Thank you Levi,I will take your word for it. I thought popes were suppose to be saintly and holy?? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Sergius_III I'm still confused as to why all the different religions. I need to study on it,I suppose. But the problem is,when I read things,it doesn't always register in my brain,especially things like that,and history and life. Its all a big mess. Have a good night Levi. P.S. I think there should be only one,it wouldn't be as confusing as it is. I just think it is wrong for one religion,to talk down another,especially if we all believe in God.

I knew that!! Thats why I

I knew that!! Smiling Thats why I was calling on Twain to explain.. Sad

but more to do with Jane's comment ABOUT my comments.[ quote=Daenerys]

Daenerys wrote: Dr Spock's

Daenerys wrote:

Dr Spock's blood is green? I never knew that!

Not Dr. Spock; Mr. Spock - as in Star Trek.

LEVICULUS_SCRIPTOR

LEVICULUS_SCRIPTOR wrote:

Sorry, I was busy last night and I gave you a crappy explanation. I hope I do better today. Yes, Christ is the Saviour of all Christians. The difference between Catholics and Protestants is like the difference between Reformed and Orthodox Jews. In Christianity, Catholics would be the Orthodox; Protestants would be Reformed. I hope that was a better explanation.....if not, write the Pope. Evil

Dear Holy Father:

On a medical website, under the topic "Jewish Women" I found the following:

>>>Some Christians dislike Catholics because Catholics worship idols. Some Catholics dislike Christians because they don't<<<

It seemed to me as if some Protestants didn't think of Catholics as Christians, and that really confused me. Could you be so kind as to clarify this for me.

Msdoodle wrote: I knew

Msdoodle wrote:

I knew that!! Smiling Thats why I was calling on Twain to explain.. Sad

but more to do with Jane's comment ABOUT my comments.

Doodle, I'm not sure which comment you are referring to.

Twain wrote:Msdoodle wrote:

Twain wrote:
Msdoodle wrote:

I knew that!! Smiling Thats why I was calling on Twain to explain.. Sad

Doodle, I'm not sure which comment you are referring to.

Twain...remember this: "Let's drop it already, p...l...e...e...e...e...a...s...e"
All you need to do is read the thread carefully in order to know...otherwise, your wish will never be granted. Smiling

Twain wrote:Daenerys

Twain wrote:
Daenerys wrote:

Dr Spock's blood is green? I never knew that!

Not Dr. Spock; Mr. Spock - as in Star Trek.

Yes, that is who I was referring in to as well. I don't know why I put a Dr in front of it. Must be something to do with the board. Smiling

Twain

Twain wrote:
LEVICULUS_SCRIPTOR wrote:

Sorry, I was busy last night and I gave you a crappy explanation. I hope I do better today. Yes, Christ is the Saviour of all Christians. The difference between Catholics and Protestants is like the difference between Reformed and Orthodox Jews. In Christianity, Catholics would be the Orthodox; Protestants would be Reformed. I hope that was a better explanation.....if not, write the Pope. Evil

Dear Holy Father:

On a medical website, under the topic "Jewish Women" I found the following:

>>>Some Christians dislike Catholics because Catholics worship idols. Some Catholics dislike Christians because they don't<<<

It seemed to me as if some Protestants didn't think of Catholics as Christians, and that really confused me. Could you be so kind as to clarify this for me.

My dear Twain,

I would love to clarify it. The misunderstanding started with King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella's inquisition. They killed everyone who wasn't Catholic....including their goats. Then Luther started sticking his nose where it didn't belong, and the Protestant movement was born. The Catholics pointed to the Protestants and called them heretics; the Protestants called the Catholics Papist. Now, some Protestants say we're going to burn in hell, while Catholics answer that if we do, some of them will be sitting on our lap.

Honestly, if it wasn't because of the gold throne, I'd start going to synagogue.

------------------------------------

P.S. Anything written here that offends anyone is purely accidental. I was trying to offend everyone! Evil

LEVICULUS_SCRIPTOR wrote:

LEVICULUS_SCRIPTOR wrote:

The misunderstanding started with King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella's inquisition. They killed everyone who wasn't Catholic....

The Pope and the Rabbi

Several centuries ago, the Pope decreed that all the Jews had to convert or
leave Italy.

There was a huge outcry from the Jewish community, so the Pope offered a
deal.

He would have a religious debate with the leader of the Jewish community.
If the Jews won, they could stay in Italy, if the Pope won, they would have
to leave. The Jewish people met and picked an aged but wise Rabbi, Moishe,
to represent them in the debate. However, as Moishe spoke no Italian and
the Pope spoke no Yiddish, they all agreed that it would be "silent"
debate.

On the chosen day, the Pope and Rabbi Moishe sat opposite each other for a
full minute before the Pope raised his hand and showed three fingers.
Rabbi Moishe looked back and raised one finger.

Next the Pope waved his finger around his head. Rabbi Moishe pointed to
the ground where he sat.

The Pope then brought out a communion wafer and a chalice of wine. Rabbi
Moishe pulled out an apple.

With that, the Pope stood up and declared that he was beaten, that Rabbi
Moishe was too clever and that the Jews could stay.

Later, the Cardinals met with the Pope, asking what had happened. The Pope
said, "First I held up three fingers to represent the Trinity. He responded
by holding up one finger to remind me that there is still only one God
common to both our beliefs. Then, I waved my finger to show him that God was
all around us. He responded by pointing to the ground to show that God was
also right here with us. I pulled out the wine and wafer to show that God
absolves us of all our sins. He pulled out an apple to remind me of the
original sin. He had me beaten and I could not continue."

Meanwhile the Jewish community were gathered around Rabbi Moishe. "What
happened?" they asked.

"Well," said Moishe, "First he said to me that we had three days to get out
of Italy, so I said to him, Up yours! Then he tells me that the whole
country would be cleared of Jews and I said to him, Mr Pope, we're staying
right here." "And then what," asked a woman. "Who knows?" said Moishe, "he
took out his lunch so I took out mine."

-----------------------------

------------------------------------

P.S. Anything written here that offends anyone is purely accidental. I was trying to offend everyone! Evil

[/quote
LOL!! Levi,have a great day!! Smiling

LEVICULUS_SCRIPTOR

LEVICULUS_SCRIPTOR wrote:

Honestly, if it wasn't because of the gold throne, I'd start going to synagogue.

Dear Holy Father:

I am sure that you would be welcomed in any synagogue, even with your gold throne. With your red skull cap, you would be an instant hit.

Daenerys wrote:JaneQPatient

Daenerys wrote:
JaneQPatient wrote:

Much of the answers to your wonderment is contained in your own assessment. I don't understand why you aren't seeing it. You even wrote it but still you're not seeing the answers. You explained it all somewhat by yourself. I don't know what I could do to clarify it for you when you have the information, you've assessed it correctly yet draw a different and opposite conclusion from your own information and assessment which is based on your own information and assessment. That's really quite puzzeling to me (this being an isolated incident so far as I know).

Can anyone explain Jane's post to me so that I can understand it?
My 'initial' puzzlement Jane, was the fact that you seemed to want to muddy up the waters by stating that we must not be too politically correct, implying that my statement about the racist joke was stilting and wont to lead to 'black and white' thinking on the board. Soooo, I guess because you *seem* to be saying that it's all right there in front of my eyes...that you WERE actually saying there is nothing wrong with racist jokes and that we shouldn't watch what we say. You are quite puzzling to me. I prefer my way of seeing the world, thanks.

Shocked Puzzled Jawdropping! Barf!

NO! Shocked Jawdropping!

I had written more but the web page expired and it disappeared to cyber pergatory.

This doesn't appear to be a dispute which is quickly resolvable given the current climate. So, I'm going to have to go with Twain on this: Just drop it, please.

I'm REALLY busy with further picking apart the Wired for Health Care Quality Act legislation which is being voted on in the Senate on Tuesday. http://ratemds.com/social/?q=node/28666

Twain wrote:Product of USA

Twain wrote:
Product of USA wrote:
Msdoodle wrote:

T--w---a---i---n You whooooooo------Twain....... where are you?? Paging Twain...... He's good about splaining things.. Smiling

MsDoodle, Twains the peace keeper. He steps in and starts people a thinking and then steps back and smooths the situation out. Hope you have a great day Doodle.

This is getting way out of hand.

Here's the original:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was feeling a bit depressed the other day, so I called the "Mental Health Hotline".
.
The call went through to a 'call center' in Pakistan.

I explained that I was feeling suicidal.

They were very excited at this news and wanted to know if I could drive a truck or fly a airplane....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It referred to the fact that at this point in time Pakistan is the leading exporter of terrorists against the West.
Some people see it as racist. Some don't.
I said I'd be more careful next time.
Let's drop it already, p...l...e...e...e...e...a...s...e

That's true.

Its cause by people not paying close attention to the words and wording(defininitions of them) early on and then getting upset because they didn't do that in the first place and still aren't doing it and then still going on to blow the subsequent way out of proportion. Happens with the biased interpretation of legislation all the time. I can only deal with one of those things at a time when there's critical legislation pending. I have to focus on dealing with it in the legislation and and how its been portrayed because of that and NOT on this particular problem of the mistaken race issue on this forum at the moment.

I thought this had been

I thought this had been dropped yesterday?? LOL!! Oh well,it was by me,people are going to say what they want to say. NOONE can control another.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.