don't come to florida if you are sick
why not? b/c here are ther top ten reasons why florida is THE worst place to get sick: drum rollll
1. docs can practice on you with out any med mal practice insurance so long as they have a sign that is 8x10" in waiting room that says so.
2. Most docs come to this state from other states as they get thrown out of there and can come here to ply their trades w/o being policed by tallahassee.
3. any doc can do anything they want to so long as they are MD's and have a state liscence to practice. so this means they can give restylane injections even if they dont know how or do any type of other surgery whether or not they know how to.
4. lots of older people here, so who cares attitude exisits here, if they goof up.
5. jeb bush put caps on med mal cases for max allowable by law down here to sue for 500K ( the attys take their 1/3 % out of this amount) for pain and suffering compared to other states. if you are a young person who has their entire life ahead of them, 500K is a drop in the bucket for a life time of care for say, a person who has been in a coma owed to a doctors boo-boo.
6. many attys dont even take med mal cases in fl anymore as they have been forced out of helping the public since they have stringent rules as to who may sue a doc and time limits are lower in time here. so by the time you find out there has been a med mal situation you are involved with your statue of limiatations may be up.
7.docs take you if you ahve been in a car crash so they can put a lien on your case and then they drive up the prices b/c of this, once they hear this is car crash related injuries.
8. severe nursing shortages in local hospitals
9. EMT/ ambulance personal mostly uneducated on how to save a person's life here in fl.
10. very few geniunely good doctors down here. need a microscope to find them!
as a side note, i have now taken to look up most doctors who i am thinking of going to to see if they have any closed med mal cases agaisnt them. there is a site that you can go to that will tell you this information for free.
less stringent requirements in florida schools for nursing and med schools compared to other states. this churns out poor qualtiy doctors.
florida has a 50% population of school aged students who do not graducate from high school.
jeb bush would rather see more strip malls being built than creating positive growth in the schools here. waht happens to the other 50
% of students who do not graduate?
they go to med school